Chapter 38

** The last chapter

Nicki's pov:

After the talk with Safaree we have been attending our couples counseling and continued to rebuild our friendship. Yes it's taking time and yes I'm happy being just Nicki.

"Come with me" Safaree says. I laugh shaking my head.

"No. I don't want to go to no pet shop" I say.

"Why not? You need a pet" he says. I laugh.

"I already had a dog before" I say.

"No you didn't" he says. I laugh waiting for him to catch on. "Oh that's cold" he says. I laugh harder.

"No but I don't want a pet. What I want is something to eat" I say.

"What do you have a taste for?" He asks me.

"I want to go to the Cheesecake Factory" I say.

"Let's go then" he says unlocking his car.

We ride over and find a place to park. Going inside we talk to the hostess and wait for a table to be available for us.

"Okay your table is ready" the girl says. We follow her to a table and she sits us down.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" She asks.

"Lemonade" I say.

"Coke" Safaree says. She nods walking away.

"My mom would like to see you" Safaree says.

"She always wants to see me" I say. "But I guess I can pay her a visit" I say.

"We could pay her a visit" he says. "Her birthday is coming up"

"That's right. I guess weee could" I say making him laugh. After getting our drinks we order.

---

Getting back to my house Safaree drops me off and leaves. I go up my stairs and see a big glass vase of pink roses. Picking it up I smile.

I look and see if there is a card and there is.

"I loved you and never stopped" .

I shake my head. "Safaree" I say going inside. I put the flowers on my table and go up stairs to get comfortable.

Going back down I hear my doorbell.

Opening it I see the girl I once had feelings for.

"I don't want to impose on you. I just needed to tell you something I've been having on my chest" she says. I just stand there dazed for a minute. "I just feel like we both need some closure ".

"I would like to have an explanation " I say. Letting her in we go into my living room and I set across from her.

"To every story there is two sides. What's yours?" I ask.

"I met Safaree at a producers mixer. We got to talking and I don't know if y'all just had some problems but we ended up sleeping together. He wanted nothing to do with me after saying he was sorry to have led me on because we had been talking after that. I thought we were going to build a relationship or something. Then I seen you and him out one day and I asked him to meet me to talk. He said he was done and that we were never a thing and to never speak of it. He remembered me saying things about being bicurious and that's when I said I'd keep quiet about being with him if I got the chance to be with you. He got turned on by the idea and cheated with me again and you found out but you didn't know it was me. Then he said that was the perfect opportunity and now here we are" she explains.

"As a woman put yourself in my shoes. You have a strong bond and relationship with your best friend turned love of your life and then that bond is broken. And then you put your trust into someone else and think you found the lighting point in loving again. But it's all an illusion " I say. Camaryn just looks at me.

"Please believe me when I say I never wanted to play with your emotions. I did fall for you and that's what Safaree was mad about. I have a lot of love for you Nicki"

"I know" I simply say. "And I forgive you. I forgive both of you" I say. She just looks at me. I stand up. "I thank you for taking the time out to come and spare your time. I now feel closure and clarity". She stands and we walk to the door.

"See you around?" she says looking at me.

"See you around" I say. I close my door.

And that's the story of my lesbian love challenge.