Chapter 24

HOLY HELL, 3k reads!!!! Thank you guys so much, I'm freaking out about how quick we got this story to 3k!! That is all, here's the chapter lol

Brantley's POV

When I get Snow back home, I carry her upstairs to make sure she's comfortable. I sit down on the bed and try to see how much give there is when I try to get her to let go of me. There's no give at all, she's still latched onto me. The weird thing is, I can't hear her crying anymore and the sobs have stopped. "Baby, I need to get you changed" I whisper to her and she pulls away from me wiping her eye's. 'Oh shit' I think to myself. She's silently crying, tears just falling from her eyes and her never making a sound. "Was it me?" The whisper was barely audible but enough to shatter my heart into a million pieces. "No. Never is anything like that your fault, you hear me?" I tell her, surprised at my own calmness. She nods looking down almost like she's ashamed. I tug at the hem of her shirt and ask "Can I get you changed baby?". She just lifts her arms letting my take off her shirt. Next I unbutton her jeans and peel them off of her and I can't help but notice her staring at me. Almost like she's studying the way I'm doing everything. Once I get her bra off I get the T-shirt I got her from my dresser and slide it on her. I finally look up at her face and she's still staring. I put my hands on either side of her head and look into her eye's then press our lips together softly. "I lo-" I stop the words that were coming out before she knows what I was about to say. Hell, that's not even what I was trying to say. The more I think about it, it is what I want to say. I was about to say I loved her and truthfully I do. "I just wanna go to sleep and forget everything that happened" she says resting her head on my shoulder. "Hey" I say making her sit back up and look at me. "I'm never gonna let anyone hurt you, remember that" I promise her and I see tears forming in her eye's again. She hugs me and mumbles a "thank you" under her breathe. I turn us on the bed and lay her down gently and when I let go of her, she whines. "I'm just getting undressed baby girl" I reassure her I'm not going anywhere and peel my jacket and shirt off before taking off my boots and jeans then crawl under the covers and pull Snow into me. "I don't know what I would do without you" she mumbles, tears in her voice. I hold her tighter and kiss her head wanting to say the same thing, but I can't feel that way about her. Or at least I can't let her know I do.

Snow's POV

I wake up sweating and shaking with tears in my eye's and within seconds of waking up Brantley wraps his arms around me. "Your okay, baby. I got ya" he whispers to me rubbing my back as he holds me. "It already happened, now I have to have fucking dreams about it" I cry into his chest, latched onto him as tight as humanly possible. About the time he goes to say something my phone, still in the pocket of my jeans on the floor, starts ringing. He goes to get up so he can get it but I won't let of him right now. "No, just leave it. It's probably Mark, anyway calling to do some more bitching" I tell him, feeling a slight chuckle from him at my last words. The answering machine picks it up and once it beeps I hear Scott leaving a message. "Hey, Snow. I know it's late but I just got done narrowing down my list of dancer's for the pole dance spot and none of them had the same talent as you do so if you want the job it's all yours. Give me a call back so I know you still want it, bye". Brantley looks down at me and for the first time in about 16 hours I smiled. "New job. I guess I get to start over with this one" I tell him and he smiles even bigger. "Baby, you can throw yourself into this and forget you ever worked at that shitty little club". I just lay there thinking. I guess momma was right when she said before things get good they have to get bad. My life's unfolding, my plan is starting to work out and I can't believe it. Next comes collage and working towards my own studio. It's a long ways away but I think I can do it, with a little help from the man upstairs. But once collage comes, Brantley's gone. After all I'm just a fuck toy that makes him laugh sometimes. Why would he keep me around when I'm majorly replaceable? Hell, any girl with a vagina and a nice ass could be in my spot. Brantley who I didn't realize has been staring at me asks "What's wrong, baby? You keep going from this" he pushes my cheeks up to form a smile "to this" and pushes my cheeks to form a frown. I move his hand off my face and lie to him. "Just thinking about what happened" I tell him, looking anywhere but his eye's. "C'mer, try and get some sleep, babe" he says pulling me closer (in the backseat of his rover).

After about 20 minutes he fell asleep and long story short it's 9:30 and I never did. Ugh!!! I can't lay in this bed anymore. I somehow Houdini my way out from under Brantley and quietly get out of bed. I just need to think right now so I go out to the back deck and sit in one of the rocking chairs. Faye was right, I've got it bad. And the worst part is, he doesn't. He's a rockstar, he plays music and rides motorcycles and smokes pot, but he doesn't fall in love. I can feel it, that I'm just a 'sweet little pussy' to him. And there's not a more heartbreaking feeling out there. At least I don't think so, and if there is I never want to feel it. "Hey, what are you doing out here?" Brantley's voice suddenly interrupting the silence that's been surrounding me for the last hour scares the hell out of me and nearly makes me fall out of the chair. "uh.. just thinking" I say situating myself back in the chair. He walks towards me and picks me up with ease, sitting down in the chair and sitting me in his lap. "I can tell you've been crying. All you had to do was wake me up" he says looking straight into my eye's. At that point I couldn't hold it in anymore and I break down, the last 8 hours catching up with me. I feel horrible just breaking down like this but I can't keep holding it in. "It's okay, baby" Brantley tries to calm me down and rubs my back, letting me cry in his chest. He doesn't even know that I'm not crying about what happened last night. I'm crying because of the inevitable. I'm going to lose him, and there's nothing I can do about it.