Chapter 35

Snow's POV

Gabe came back in confused as all hell and when I asked said it didn't matter what Brantley said. We're now on our way back to his place and I'm all cuddled up in his side in the truck. I'm still wondering what Brantley said but I don't feel like I should bring it up. Gabe sees that I'm trying to get more comfortable and pulls me into his lap with my back against his door. I smile and snuggle closer, burying my face in his warm neck and he pats my ass. "I love you, Emily" He whispers in my ear. I always thought having someone tell me they loved me would make me happy and put a smile on my face, but when it's someone you don't love back it makes you nothing but guilty. Especially when I want Brantley instead. When I don't answer Gabe says "guess she's asleep" and kisses my temple. I just act like I'm asleep because I don't want him to know I purposely didn't tell him I love him too.

When we finally get to Gabe's apartment he shuts off the truck and picks me up, carrying me up. He lays me down on his bed and pulls my shoes and socks off before pulling the covers over me and sliding under them with me. I snuggle into his chest as he wraps his arms around me. I sigh tugging at the waistband of my yoga pants to intertain myself. After I know Gabe's asleep I untangle his arms from my body and get up, getting the change of clothes I leave here and go to take a shower. I get the water warmed up, strip and step into the small shower, letting the water loosen up the sore muscles I've gotten from dancing all week. I swear those little kids kick my ass. Thinking of the kids in turn made me think of Tinsley which led my mind to Brantley and our thing earlier. I can still feel his warmth around me and his huge hand on my chin as he whispered to me. And the tingling in my woman parts is back. God, how does he still affect me like this? It's been over two years since we've been together and he still affects me like I just met him. I hear the bathroom door open and I know he's going to get in with me. He acts a lot like Brantley in the sense that he's very perverted and I think it's hilarious. I pulls the curtain open and just looks at me for a second. "Well are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna come fuck me" I ask and he just chuckles and steps into the shower, roughly grabbing me by the hips he crashes his lips into mine. I run my hands up his colorful tattooed arm up to his heavily tattooed neck, pulling him more down to me, deepening the kiss. His big hands wrap under my thighs and he lifts me up, pushing me against the shower wall, the cold tile giving me goosebumps. I keep my eye's shut the whole time his hands roam my body, imagining it's Brantley enjoying my body the way Gabe is. I feel his lips travel from my neck to my breasts, sucking on my nipples and massaging the other with his hand. "Ohh god" I moan softly, feeling horrible for it but picturing my ex doing all these things to me. Remembering how rough he was, the look... That pantie dropping look. The way he pinned me against walls and counters, doors, vehicles, the refrigerator, the washer, the dryer. We literally had sex everywhere. I get snapped out of my memories by Gabe trusting his fingers into me. "Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck" I pant, digging my fingernails into his muscled shoulders as he sucks and kisses on my neck. He positions himself at my entrance, teasing me with his tip and I can't take it anymore and slam my hips into his. "Fuck Emily. Patient much" Gabe grunts, thrusting into me slowly. "Faster" I breathily moan covering his mouth. I'm trying to focus on what my mind is creating for me and he's interrupting it with his talking.

It didn't take long before he came and I had to act like I did because I wasn't quite there yet. After giving me a kiss and telling me I'm amazing and to get done soon Gabe got out and went back to bed. I sigh and sink down to the bottom of the shower with my head in my hands. I still love him. He's the first and only person I've ever loved and I'm not over him. I thought dating again would help, focusing on school, friends, smoking pot and drinking the pain away. Nothing got him out of my head. His voice haunted me in my dreams. His memory... holding me, kissing me. I want Brantley back!! I bet he's cuddling with that Amber chick in his huge bed with Sylo and Ally at their feet taking guard. That used to be us. But his one that got away is back and all the songs, they can't be about me. I remember Faye calling me and telling me to listen to the Just as I am album right after it came out and halfway through the damn thing I burst into tears. All those songs that Faye thought were about me. I knew he didn't feel that way about me so that meant all those songs were about other girls. And then finding out he was ingaged and coming back home and never being able to get away from the small town gossip about the two and how in love they are. I can't count how many times I cried just the first week back here. Gabe thought I was sick because I would never leave the house unless it was to go to work and I had to make excuse after excuse when he would find me trying or see my tear stained cheeks. I hated lying to him but I couldn't just tell him 'my ex is getting married and I still love him'. That would break his heart. After 20 minutes of crying on the shower floor the water turned cold and I turned it off and got out. After drying off and combing out my hair while it was still wet, I climbed into bed and curled up to my loving boyfriend who I definitely don't deserve and fall asleep thinking about the man I actually want.