Chapter 42

Snow POV

He actually loves me. He always did. And now I'm in his arms again. "I love you, Snow". I've been waiting for those words for over two years. I pull out of the hug and wipe my eye's then hit Brantley in the stomach as hard as I can. "ow, what the hell was that for" he says holding his big hand over the his abs. "It's about damn time. Nearly two and a half years Brantley, really? You deserved that". Standing there with my hand on my hip he looks down at me with a smirk and I have to be a tease and ask "Watcha smirking at, big Daddy" stepping in close and laying my hands on his sides. He chuckles darkly and picks me up, attaching our lips again and walks to the nearest wall to pin me against it. "It's been a long damn time since I've tasted those lips" he grunts before smashing his lips back into mine, me moaning into his mouth. "Hmm" I softly moan, sliding my hands under his shirt. My god he's gotten buff!! I mean he was big and pretty muscular before but holy hell. His arms now are probably as big around as my thighs and don't even get me started on his abs. He bites my lip and I smack his butt making him pull away and raise an eyebrow at me. "That's my job" I say before biting his lip and pulling him back to me. He chuckles, shifting to hold me up with just one arm before slipping his free hand around my neck. "BRANTLEY KEITH GILBERT!!!". He pulls back and mumbles "fuck" under his breath. He sits me down gently before turning around to who I know is Faye and she slaps the piss out of him.

"Faye damn it, stop" I say, stepping in front Brantley almost protectively. "I'm bout to fuck you up" she yells, pointing up at Brantley and trying to move me out of the way. 'The only fucking here is gonna be done by him when your not in the room' that's what I want to say so bad but I hold myself back. "I need to talk to you" I say and grab her wrist, pulling her into the other room. "What the fuck are you doing? He hurt you" she says, gesturing to him in the other room. "Okay first of all he didn't hurt me. If I wouldn't have left I wouldn't have gotten hurt. He didn't do anything. Second of all... He said it Faye" I tell her looking up at her smiling at the last thing I say. "He said what" she asks confused and I pull on her arm telling her "he said he loved me, Faye. Mr. Commitment fear said he loved me. Hell, Faye he literally said and I quote 'baby, my heart hurts'.... I need to give this another try". She looks at me scared and it really worry's me. "Snow, it's my job to protect you especially after what he caused. Have you forgotten that you almost overdosed because of him?! I know you love him but... He's dangerous Snow. I can't lose you".

"Faye your not going to lose me. That's my past not my future, I'm not going down that road again.... You don't have to protect me anymore. You know I'm safer with him than I am with anyone else". I feel two large arms wrap around me and hear Brantley rumble "you know it's true. I'd never hurt her intentionally". I smile, holding his arms around me when he laces his fingers with mine. "Aww my baby's growing up" Faye gushes and pulls me in for a bone-crushing hug. I laugh and say "your only two years older than me". "It doesn't matter. Your still my baby". Brantley finally pulls me out of her grip chuckling at us and asks "so do I have your blessing?". Faye sighs, running her hand through her hair and finally says "Yes... You do. But if you break her heart I will not hesitate to go Carry Underwood on every vehicle you own and then you, do I make myself clear?". I feel Brantley's chest rumble as tried to hold in a laugh and I elbow him in the ribs and tell Faye "thank you, dad" jokingly. Ever since my dad gave up on being a part of my life which took a long damn time might I add, she was so protective over me. Especially with guys because of what happened with Brantley. "Your welcome. Now the damn food you sent me to get is probably cold by now so I'm gonna go home. Y'all have fun" she says and with a wink heads for the door. As soon as she's out of earshot I practically jump Brantley, Kissing him like a mad woman and climbing him like a spider monkey in a Cedar tree before setting my feet back on the ground. "Okay, baby girl let's get you to the house before I strip you naked here" is the last thing he said before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. "Lights" I say, pointing to the light switches as the walks around, gathering my stuff. "I got it" he says, flipping all the lights off before walking out the door and laughing as I try to lock it upsidedown. When I finally get the door locked he carry's me to his truck and sits me down in the middle seat. "Don't use this one much anymore" he says, hopping in the driver's seat and pulling out his keys. "That's about to change" I mumble under my breath. Now to his house. I can't wait to see Sylo and Ally!!