Chapter 27

Snow's POV

"You should be seeing things, having young and dumb fun. I don't want you to love me, and I don't wanna love you" are the words that wake me up and shatter my heart. Laying here against Brantley, not caring to listen to the rest of the things he's saying, a tear slips from my tightly shut eye's and rolls down my cheek. I know we said just sex and no feelings and damn if I didn't fall in love. Snow what has your dad told you, your entire life? Don't fall for a Heartbreaker. He may be a dick but he was right. I have to stop myself from crumbling into a sobbing mess right here in Brantley's lap, especially because he thinks I'm still asleep. Why did it have to be him? Why did the sweet, charming, attractive, southern gentleman have to be the one to walk in my bedroom and find me crying? Why was I so clueless? Why did I have to be so innocent?

I wake up still on the couch but alone and according to the cable box it's 1:30am. "Where the fuck is he" I ask myself, looking around the living room for any sign of Brantley. "Brantley" I call out waiting for an answer but never get one. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion and pick up my phone. I text him and ask him where he is but don't get a reply until AN HOUR LATER!!!

Me: where are you?? I woke up and you weren't here.

Brantley💪: sorry, I went riding

Me: riding??? At 2 in the morning???

Brantley💪: yeah, it's nice when there's nobody else on the road

I give up. I'm done. I'm gonna walk my happy ass upstairs and try to sleep through the fucking night without Mr. Dick here. Of course before I get in bed I have to punch the pillow as hard as I can then flop down in bed angrily. Wait, why am I mad? He's a single 28 year old male that can literally do whatever he wants, and I'm mad. What the fuck is going on with me? I was trying to except the fact that I was going to lose him at some point now I'm mad he wasn't here when I woke up. My brain is seriously fucked right now and I don't know how to unfuck it. To try to get my head straight I go and turn on the shower. I get it as hot as I can stand it, strip and get in. "Okay, new job, More money, soon collage, and a new life out of this damn town. You don't need no damn man, plus most of them are just boys anyway" I give myself a mini pep talk until I hear the bathroom door open. "What are you doing, baby" Brantley asks me, stepping into the bathroom. "I'm making toast. What do think I'm doing?" I say sarcastically and he just chuckles and I hear him start to get undressed. "Okay if I get in with ya" he asks as I hear his belt hit the floor and tell him yeah. He steps in behind me and wraps his arms around me, kissing my head. "Sorry I wasn't here when you woke up. I hope I didn't scare ya" he whisper's in my ear and I damn near melt right then and there. "Just a little but then I remembered your 6"4 and over 200lbs and that it would be kinda hard to kidnap your big ass". He chuckles at my words and pulls me flush against him, resting his chin on the top of my head. "I love how your mind works" he says, softly running his hands over my breasts, playing with my nipples. "I need to finish before the water gets cold" I say, reluctantly stepping out of his arms and grabbing my body wash. "Here, let me do it" Brantley says taking the body wash out of my hand and putting it on the floof (translation: luffa). He starts washing my shoulder's and back then turns me around, washing my front. I watch his eye's wander which I can't be mad about, cause mine are doing the same thing. He leans down with his lips at most 2 inches away from my ear and whispers "Watcha staring for? You know you can have it anytime you want it". My knees nearly buckle and he wraps his arm around me, keeping me steady. I slowly trace my fingers down his chest, then his abs, and finally get to him. "oh you done poked the bear" he says chuckling darkly and the only thought that runs through my head is oh shit. He softly presses his lips against mine surprising the fuck out of me. He pulls away and gives me a quick smile before turning back around and going about his business showering. "What?" I whisper to myself, confused as hell at what just happened. "I can't give it to you when your expecting it. I'll surprise you with it" he chuckles looking at me over his shoulder. Oh fuck, well that's gonna be fun.

After I finish showering I get out and dry off, then go in the bedroom to get dressed. I put on one of Brantley's t-shirts and when I bend over to get some underwear out of my bag, I hear the bathroom door open. I stand up straight as quick as I can and turn around seeing Brantley standing there with a towel around his waist and the biggest smirk in the world. "Continue" is all he says and I do just that. I bend back over, rummaging through my bag for the sexiest pair of panties I can find, then I find this black thong that I've never worn before. I got it online and didn't expect it to be this sexy and it has about as much material as an eye patch so it's perfect. I slip it on under the t-shirt and casually get into bed waiting for Brantley. He gets dressed right in front of me, the smirk never leaving his face. "What're you smirking at?" I ask giggling at him. He walks over to the bed and slips under the covers and says "just glad that sexy ass if finally on full display" and grabs my ass to pull me closer. "Calm yourself. I need sleep" I say burying my face in chest and snuggling into his big body. "Go to sleep, baby girl. I'm here" is the last thing I remember hearing before falling into the most restful sleep ever.