Book 2: Chapter 8

I gasped my mouth wide open, freezing it into that place as I looked around. I did a little hop from one foot to the other and then back, as I spun around following.

“Is- is she okay?”

“Yeah, that’s just her happy dance. Last time she did it was when she finished her fold away glider.”

“Oh.”

“Can you blame her thought? Look at it, isn’t it beautiful?”

“Let’s just ... stick close, okay? This seems nice, but you never know when we'll run into some dark spirits.”

Korra touched a flower and it transformed into a butterfly- a sparkly one at that.

“Look! It's like it's made of jewels! The spirits are so much more beautiful in their own world than they are at home.”

Jinora went chasing after, leaving Korra running and calling after her.

“Jinora, be careful! Hold on!”

Me, being me, turned away as I felt at the planets. I was so wrapped up in my little adventure; I hadn’t noticed Korra got herself in trouble with some meerkats.

“Jinora!”

Both Jinora and I turned from where we stood. I froze, in fear, as I watched the blobs of dark spirits attack Korra. I wanted to help… but my mind went blank and lost all training. Despite my lack of brain activity, I still ran over to Korra.

“What do I do? Jinora- what do I do?”

“Korra! Stay calm! Your energy is upsetting them. You're only making it worse!”

I laid I hand on Korra, but quickly pulled away as the spirits latched onto me.

“Ew! Dark-spirit-gunk!”

Jinora tried too, and failed. Then, with a rumble of the ground below us, we were sent flying down in a whirlpool.

~~~

Crashing into some sort of water, Korra and Jinora quickly found each other. They quickly spotted Zabri plunging in a few feet away, but before they could even realize what was happening, she was gone in a flash of a bright, white orb. Having had their attention to her, they didn’t notice the fish that came up behind them, and swallowed them whole.

~~~

Its official, I hate the spirit world.

Lying in a heap, pain shot through my chest. My mind screamed at me to get up and find Korra and Jinora, but my body said to stay still and let the pain die. Letting out a moan, I slowly squinted my eyes open.

“Hello Zabri.”

My eyes popped open at the sound of my name, and I got dizzy as I struggled to stand up.

“Let me help you.”

With a cool clasp, I was steadily on my feet, facing the Spirit of the Ocean.

“Grandmother.”

She smiled, as she embraced me in a light hug. Looking around the garden, I felt as if I had been here before. Yet, I couldn’t place it.

“Where- I’m in your home?”

“Yes, this is the spot where my spirit enters and exits the spirit world. It is how I connect to my… fishy form.”

“But- but why did you summon me here?”

“Because I want to talk with you. Something is wrong, I can feel it through you and you can feel it through me. What is it child?”