Chapter 24

One year later:

Today is graduation day. I turned 18 last week and honestly it was quite weird. I was technically an adult now. A lot changed the past year, and mostly me. I felt way more mature now than I was before. My relationship with Jensen got stronger and better, more serious and we rarely fought. And If we did it was mostly stupid things.

Mom and dad had another child, a girl that they named Odette. She is two months old now, I couldn't be happier for them. My little sister is adorable.

I also had grown closer with Justice, who sometimes called mommy. For some reason I didn't really mind. The old me would cringe at the idea of a little girl calling me mommy at the age 18. But to be honest I kinda saw Justice as a daughter. I spent many days and nights at Jensen's house, and the three of us had much fun watching movies, drawing, playing with dolls, and cooking a.k.a. destroying Jensen's kitchen.

Allison's relationship with Misha was like mine and Jensen's. They were perfect together. We were currently at the bus with Allison talking and memorizing every part of the school bus as it's the last time we will be in there.

"Can you believe we are finally graduating?" Allison exclaimed.

"To be honest it feels like I am dreaming... No more annoying homework or teachers!" We laughed.

"Well don't be so sure that there won't be annoying teachers at the university." Me and Allison applied to the same university but we followed different subjects. I chose singing and acting, and she wanted to follow her father's job. And the best part is that we got accepted! The university is New Jersey my hometown, so it is two hours away from here. But I wasn't ready to live so far away from Jensen... I didn't want to. Well I know I have a whole summer break to worry about that, but we were so bound that It hurt me just thinking about leaving him. I sighed at the idea.

"You are thinking about Jensen right?" Allison snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her.

"How do you know?"

"Well firstly I am your best friend, it's my job to read your mind. And secondly I have been thinking about Misha and the university too. And It's not only that... Our relationship with Misha is pretty serious Lyds... I kinda suspect that he will propose me soon.. "

"What? Really?"

"Yeah... We are already acting like a married couple.. And Misha is 32, I am sure he wants marriage... And I know it's crazy, but I want to marry him too... But 4 to 5 couples break up If they get married at a young age... Well I am the young age. And I don't know how my dad would take it If he found out that I want to marry Misha. He hardly accepted that we are dating."

"This is exactly how I feel! All those things you said are true, and also it's that I want to follow my dreams... I won't be able to do that If I marry him.." I said and freaked out just by thinking this.

"Okay. Enough with the stress. We have the whole summer to worry about that. But let's stop it now. Today is a special day, and it won't happen twice." Allison said as we arrived at school. I looked outside and saw many people in there. They were the kids's families. The kids were inside though, getting their graduation speeches prepared, and the amphitheater too. We walked towards there and I saw Mom holding a sleeping Odette, Dad, Tom, Shep, Jensen, Justice and Misha standing there laughing and talking. They were all wearing sun glasses so they wouldn't cause any mess as they were celebrities, but some people still recognized them of course. We didn't have time to talk to them though because we had to go inside and help.

We walked inside and we were greeted by Scott and Ciara decorating the door. Everyone was wearing graduation uniforms and hats and seemed to be in a good mood.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey! You should go and get your graduation uniforms too! At the back door" Ciara smiled at us. She was a really nice girl, and her and Scott were great together. Me and Allison went to grab our uniforms and put them on. When we were done, we helped with the decorations, practiced our speeches, and when everything was done we took our seats as people and teachers walked in.

Everyone clapped as Allison was done with her speech and I was next. Her speech was really good.

"Alright..Next is Lydia Martin!" Our music teacher said at the microphone and smiled at me. I smiled back and walked to the stage. I cleared my throat and started:

"I came to this town when I was 16. I started in this school in the middle of freshmen year, but it feels like I have spent my whole life here. Because, I made new friends. Friends for life. I learned many things and also experienced. But the most important thing I learned from this school is that there is nothing wrong with following your dreams and being yourself. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Life is way too short to not do things that make you happy. So whatever you do make sure it makes you happy." I said and everyone clapped. While I was writing this speech I was thinking about Jensen. He makes me happy. Being with him makes me happy. And yes, my dreams make me happy too. And I want to follow both paths of my life. I went back to my seat and looked at Jensen who smiled at me. I smiled back and enjoyed the rest of the speeches who were truly inspirational.

After the graduation was done, we walked outside to take memorial pictures. I took pictures with my teachers, other random students, and we took all the seniors one too. I was currently in a corner chatting with my three best friends since day one. Allison, Scott and Stiles. Gen came up to us.

"I want the four of you to pose for a picture!"

"Mom really?" I laughed sheepishly.

"Yes! This day is special you need to take as much pictures as you can!" She convinced us and we posed together for a picture smiling like idiots. After we were done we did a group hug. Stiles and Scott would go to Texas university here. Scott wanted to become a vet, and Stiles wanted to follow something that involved science. We promised not to lose contact and that we would visit each other often.

I walked up to Jensen who had his hands in his pockets. I hugged him tight and kissed him passionately.

"We can now be together without it being illegal." I said breaking the kiss. He smiled at me.

"Do you want to spent the night over? I already asked your parents and they said Yes."

"I would love to." I said smiling at him.