Chapter 36

(The girl on the right is Persephone, and the girl on the left is Justice Jay)

17 years later:

Persephone groaned as she heard her alarm ringing and reaching to push the snooze button with her hand. When she didn't find it, she got up and looked around the room until she realized it sounded from under her bed. She looked under her bed and found it. She tried to reach it but ended up falling on her butt. Her sister, Justice busted into the room, her cousins Tom and Shep following behind while laughing.

"Wake up Percy you have school!"

"Are you serious now? It's Sunday!" Persephone groaned while closing shutting her alarm off. Justice laughed before she helped her up. "How did this even go off? I mean I didn't set it the previous day!"

"We know you didn't." Tom said. " We did. Because today is..."

"Would you shut up? It's a surprise damn it" Shep interrupted Tom. Persephone was confused.

"Um what is going on?" Justice sighed.

"Just come downstairs with us."

"No let me sleep" Persephone argued and was about to fall back to bed, before Shep took her on his shoulder suddenly, making her scream.

"Let me go you nut job" She screamed while laughing and hitting her cousin's who was more like her brother back, as they all walked downstairs. They headed to the kitchen as she was still laughing, and he put her down before covering her eyes with his hand.

"Shep what are you..?" He took his hand off and Persephone gasped as she saw her grandparents Jared and Gen, her aunt Allison and her uncle Misha with their baby, and her Father standing there with an oversize cake, singing happy birthday to her. She totally forgot it was today! She was about to blow the candles, before Aunt Allison reminded her to make a wish. She didn't have to think too long. Her wish since she was like 4, was to meet her mother whom she only knew from pictures. But she was turning 17 now, so she decided to be a little more reasonable. She wished for that blank she felt in her heart all the time, to be filled one day. She blew the candles, and everyone clapped, as they congratulated her and hugged her.

"The food will be ready in twenty minutes or so" Grandma Gen said. But Persephone didn't want to eat before she visited her mother's grave today. She hadn't been there in a long time, and the flowers must have been rotten by now. She looked at her father.

"Hey Dad... Do you mind If I go Mom's.."

"You can go there Percy.. But just be back soon." He smiled softly at her before kissing her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too, Dad" She smiled back and she was about to walk out of the door before her aunt Misha stopped her.

"Hey... Are you going..."

"Yeah" She smiled at him. He nodded before taking a letter out of his jacket. She gave him a questioning look.

"Your mother, before she died, asked me to pass along a message to you. At first I declined telling her that she would tell you herself, but she didn't have that chance. In her last days your mother wrote this, and told me to give it to you when you turn 17. So, here you go" Persephone took the letter in her hands before thanking her uncle. She opened the door and headed to the cemetery.

She went to a flower shop next to the cemetery first to buy some white roses. Her father had told her roses were her mother's favorite flowers. That's why she liked them so much her self. She gave the cashier the money, and walked out taking the roses with her. She walked to the cemetery before she reached her mother's grave, and placing them on her gravestone. She sat down next to it, and opened the letter.

My dear Persephone,

If you are reading this, I am probably long dead. I asked your uncle Misha to give this to you, and I guess he did. I might never meet you, but I want you to know that I love you. You are a part of me. And I will always be in your heart. I want you to know that you have the best father in the world. Maybe he is not perfect, but he is trying so hard for both you and your sister. Take care of him, help him move on. Remember that family is all we got. And I wish I could be in your life. I wish I could take this pain of your chest every time you think of the word "mother", because you never had one. I am sorry I can't be with you. But I love you, and I am sure your father is really proud of you. Happy birthday baby.

Your mother,

Lydia Martin

Persephone's eyes filled with tears as she read the letter over and over again. She looked at her mother's grave.

"I love you too Mom" She said and smiled as she held the letter to her chest.

THE END

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORY :)