Chapter 29

Lydia's P.O.V.

"I am pregnant" 

I have never seen an expression change faster from relaxation to shock. And I am talking about Jared. Because Gen just as I predicted stayed calm. They were both silent for about 3 minutes. This silence scared me. After a while that seemed like an eternity Jared spoke:

"Say again..?" He said slowly. 

"I said, I am pregnant." He looked at Jensen then back at me. 

"Are you kidding me?!" He got up and started pacing around the room. I felt all my bravery ran away. "How long?"

"Four days..." 

"It's not too late to get an abortion. You are getting an abortion." He said and I couldn't believe my ears. I looked at him shocked and I was no longer scared. Now I was furious.

"It's not your decision! I am 18 now!" I exclaimed but tried to say it as calmly as I could. " I know I am young. But Jensen and I love each other. And we love this baby too. It's a part of us." He then  looked at Jensen.

"You.. You son of a bitch! I knew she shouldn't date you!" 

"Jared calm down.." Gen warned him.

"Why should I be calm? Tell me you are actually okay with this?" He asked Gen in disbelief. 

"Of course I am okay, Jared. Our daughter is 18 now, and she can make her own decisions. And I will support her no matter what" He ignored Gen and looked at me.

"I knew that adopting you was a bad idea. From the beginning!" My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't believe that Jared would say something like that. I thought he loved me.. Hell he was the one who comforted me so many nights that I had nightmares... Or at my parents funeral. I guess you never know someone until you make them angry. I had nothing to say. I had never experience this kind of heartbreak. 

"And what about your dreams huh? What about college? You can't go to college now that you are pregnant. You are only 18 Lydia do you even understand what you have done?!" He yelled. He then walked towards me and stood in front of me.

"You are getting an abortion." He said dangerously calm.

"No I am not." I said back with all my courage left. Then he did something I did not expect. He slapped me. My body slammed to the back wall a few meters away. I held my cheek and looked at him in shock. My eyes watered. But there was no way in hell I would cry in front of him. Realization hit him... And he widened his eyes looking at what he had done. 

"Jared Tristian Padalecki how dare you slap our daughter?!" Gen yelled and ran to me. "She is pregnant for god's sake! She is 18 and It's her decision. You had no right to do that!" 

"Lydia... Oh my god...  I... I am sorry... I don't know what got into me... I didn't mean to do or say..." I got up, picking all my heart's broken pieces. He started to walk towards me but I stopped him.

"Don't you dare come any closer." I said my voice breaking in the end. "I am not going to be a burden any more. I am leaving. And I am sorry that I didn't leave sooner." I said and walked upstairs to get my stuff. "Jensen will you please wait in the car? I won't take long." I told him. I didn't want him to fight with Jared, because I knew he was really close to loosing his temper. 

"Of course I will go." He said but then turned to  Jared. "Before I do this" He punched him so hard that he almost fell, and then he walked out. Jared didn't even bother to  fight back. He just stood there getting what he deserved. I ran to my room, Gen following behind. She closed the door and hugged me as I cried on her shoulder.

"You know that he really didn't mean all those things right?" She asked me softly while caressing me hair.

"I am pretty sure he did, mom" I whispered. "So, all this time I was just a burden to him? I meant nothing?" I said and cried harder. 

"Shh.." Gen whispered to calm me down as I hugged her tighter. "He loves you Lydia. He just lost his temper." I let her go and started packing my stuff in my black suitcase. When I saw that everything I needed was in, including  my bathroom stuff, I closed it and looked out of the window. Gen came behind me and took my hand in hers.

"I am going to support you, no matter what. And I am sure Jared will, too." She said.

"I hope so.." I said still crying. Then someone knocked the door lightly and Jared walked in. I quickly turned around and wiped my tears. When I looked at his face, I saw that he was crying. It broke my heart.

 It broke my heart

"Lydia.. Please... I am so sorry baby..." He said his voice breaking in the end. I looked away cause If I looked at him, I would cry too. I took my suitcase in my hands and walked past him. He gently stopped me.

"Let me go." I spat, and he did. I walked outside closing the door behind me and I headed to the car. Jensen was there, and he got out to help me with the suitcase. He put it in the back, and I got in the passengers seat.

"I am so sorry baby.." He said and took my hand.

"It's okay.." I said and we both knew it was not. I wasn't okay. The rest of the drive was silent, until we arrived and got home. As soon as we got in I broke down in tears. Jensen ran at me and took me in his arms trying to calm me down.

"Shh.. It's okay babygirl..." He said kissing my forehead. After a few minutes no tears came out, and I just felt tired. He picked me up bridal style, and walked upstairs to the bedroom. He took my shoes off, and placed me under the covers. He did the same to himself and laid next to me hugging me from behind.