Chapter 19

A Little Backstory

It was a pretty average day

It was a pretty average day. I was cooking for Jimin as usual, making sure he was fed and well looked after. I was practically used to having him around now, and I didn't mind it at all. In fact I loved it. I loved him. Everything was back to normal. Jimin was talking, singing and dancing around the house. He even made me join in with him sometimes. His teacher Jin sometimes asked me for help with his music, and I enjoyed it. Music was what I wanted to do, so of course I loved it. It just made it better that I had Jimin to do it with as well, and as ridiculous as it sounded, I was making friends. From sitting at home alone every break and lunch, to sitting at a table in the noisy canteen or sitting outside on a bench with Taehyung, Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok. Even though me and Hoseok had our rivalry over Jimin, we were civil. Sometimes I would glare at him whenever he tried to take Jimin away, but I think he had realised that Jimin would always choose me. Jimin would also sit next to me, he would always talk to me, he would always ask me to go to the canteen with him, and even to the toilet, which I gladly accepted.
Although this, there was something a little off that so called average day. I for one was feeling a little nervous and worried, because Jimin was going on a college trip to a top entertainment company. BigHit. It was bad enough letting him leave the campus, but letting him leave without me. It scared me. The thought of losing him really stained my mind, but he begged and pleaded. He was desperate to go and I couldn't resist those wide doe eyes, so I gave in and said yes. Though I told Jin to keep a close eye on him. Of course I asked to go, but I couldn't afford to go, because of the stupid exam I had missed when Jimin was going through a tough stage. "Don't worry Kookie! I'll be fine, Hobi-Hyung said he'll look after me!" Jimin interrupted my train of thought, and I felt my fists clench at the name 'Hobi-Hyung'

"You know Id look after you better if I could go right?" I asked crossing my arms a little frustrated.

"Awwh Kookie! You'll be looking after me even if you're not there!" Jimin chirped and I sighed before letting out a small smile.

"You're right...Now here's your lunch. I packed all your favourites!" I stated before handing him a paper bag in which he frantically looked inside, his eyes glistening with joy.

"Even the Mochi?!" Jimin gasped excitedly, which I couldn't help but chuckle too.

"I swear that's cannibalism" I chuckled and Jimin looked up with his usual unaware expression.

"Canni...balism?" Jimin replied slowly.

"Yeah, its when someone eats their own kind!" I explained and he looked even more confused then before.

"But Mochi is a sweet! I'm no sweet!" Jimin continued and I rolled my eyes before ruffling his blonde locks.

"You're sweeter then anything in this world. You're my little Mochi Jiminie-Hyung!" I smiled down at him and he giggled showing his eye smile that made me melt every time.