Chapter 34

Kim Taehyung

I opened my eyes, just staring up at the mirror that was placed on my celling

I opened my eyes, just staring up at the mirror that was placed on my celling. I just laid there in complete silence, looking at the disappointment that was me. I took a deep breath before I finally started to move. I stretched out my long limbs before climbing out of my king sized bed. I shuffled over to my window and opened the red and gold studded curtains allowing the light from outside to enter my room. After a few minutes of admiring the captivating sunrise, I decided to make my way over to my closet. I opened the door and walked inside, surrounded by dozens of suits and expensive brand ware, specifically 'Gucci'. I ran my hands across all the different types of fabrics, smiling to myself as they all felt beautiful to touch. I suddenly halted when I came to one corner of the room. I glared at the section that was labelled 'TaeTae attire' I sighed to myself as I gently placed my hand on the plain unbranded clothing. I shook my head vigorously before picking up a sheet and covering up that specific section. I turned around, focusing on who I was going to be that day. I wasn't going to be a college student. I wasn't going to be the dimwitted TaeTae, major of music and law. I was going to be the real me. Well what my actual life was, I didn't exactly enjoy being me, but I never questioned my life...Or should I say I couldn't question it...
I carefully unbuttoned my silk pyjama  shirt, before replacing it with a cotton, long sleeved white shirt that had the  embroidery of 'Dolce And Gabbana' on the inside of the collar. I swiftly pulled down my silk trousers and folded them, putting them to one side, before putting on some fresh underwear and a pair of 'Dior' trousers fitted perfectly to my waist and ankles. I finished the look with a pair of matte black suede shoes, and of course a 'Gucci' long fitted blazer. I took a look at myself in the body length mirror that was placed in the corner of my closet. I fixed my hair and nodded in satisfaction before making a hasty exit to the hallway.
As soon as I stepped out of my room I was immediately greeted formally by many maids and butlers that worked in the mansion I called home. "Morning Mr Kim." was all I would ever hear walking down the halls of the mansion. I finally made it to the grand staircase. I placed one hand on the banister and slowly made my way down the stairs. At the very bottom of the stairs waiting for me was my older brother. You see I was the youngest of three, but I really only loved my brother. He was the only one out of the family that respected me and listened to me.

"Come on Taehyung, breakfast is waiting for you" He smiled warmly and I nodded in reply before making my way to the dinning room. "I know you're not ready for today, but you have to be. It's your job to take over the research, but at the moment you're letting our dear sister have her way." He explained and I sighed as I knew he was right, but the feeling of guilt would never let me enter the lab..."I know you don't like this...I can see it in your eyes, but I tried to get away too. I even opened my own cafe, but I couldn't get away, it's our family business. It's something we all have to do. You've done an amazing job so far. Now it's time to actually do some science" He placed a hand on my shoulder with reassurance.