Chapter 22

Is this a Date?

We were both in the car

We were both in the car. Me and Jimin that is. After that awkward moment where I felt like we were going to share a kiss, I needed to take both our minds off it. He was going on and on about love and my heart would not stop racing. So much so that it took over my body and I almost defiled Jimin. Maybe defiled is a little bit of an exaggerating, but in my eyes even something as simple as a kiss would be defiling that sweet boy.
The car journey was fairly silent, and I was trying to distract myself from thinking about the situation. It didn't help that I could hear Jimin's soft breaths as he stared out his window. It looked like a scene out of a romance drama, where the male lead was leaving the female lead he loved dearly, and his heart ached so much he couldn't smile once. I was struggling to handle the silence, so I finally decided to speak up on behalf of my own thoughts and maybe Jimin's. "So what do you want to eat?" I questioned and when I took a quick glance at Jimin he just shrugged his shoulders. "Oh come on...there must be something you fancy..." I smiled in hope to make Jimin feel for comfortable.

"I don't know..." Jimin sulked, and I sighed a little before pulling into the car park of the one place I always wanted to take someone to on a date. I know that sounded a little forward, but it wasn't like I was desperate for a date. Actually maybe I was, and that's why I decided to take us there...

"Well if you can't decide I'll bring you to the one place that never fails to make me feel happy!" I turned to Jimin before taking off his belt and he shrugged before getting out the car. I followed after him vastly and he was just stood waiting at the front of the car. I made my way over to him and held out my hand for him to take it, but he just ignored my hand and continued walking towards the cafe. I scratched my neck awkwardly before rushing over to his side. There was another tension filled silence and I was beginning to worry.
We both entered the cafe and I was immediately welcomed by the familiar scent of fresh ground coffee and vanilla scented candles. I felt somewhat at home. I used to spent hours upon hours here. Whenever I felt no one cared or whenever I just needed to get out of the house, I would go to that cafe for comfort, and it worked.

"Jungkook-Ah!" The usual barista came rushing over to where me and Jimin were standing and practically jumped on me. "Ahhh still so cute!"

"Aish Minho-Hyung...Still so forward..You'd probably get along with my frie...my classmate Taehyung" I corrected awkwardly. I watched as Minho chuckled and I admired his energetic personality. I guess I was somewhat envious of his persona. Suddenly his eyes fell on Jimin who was awkwardly stood next me.

"Oh my! Who are you?!" Minho's eyes widened and Jimin began to lean into me, which I could only assume was because Minho was too much for him.

"Ahh this is Jimin...He's my friend. Jiminie-Hyung, this is Minho-Hyung. He's my old friend. Don't worry he's very kind" I explained and Jimin hesitantly bowed his head respectfully.