Chapter 14

Amazed

I was sat right at the back of the lecture hall alone

I was sat right at the back of the lecture hall alone. I just couldn't focus at all. The only thing on my mind was Jimin. I couldn't help but worry about him. I didn't know if he'd ever been left alone before. He seemed so skittish and being home alone probably wouldn't help him. I continued to tap the end of my pen on the table in front of me as the image of Jimin crying his little eyes out because I wasn't with him tormented my mind. I only had half an hour left before my lunch break, in which I had promised Jimin I would go back home to check up on him.
I was so lost in my own thoughts I hadn't realised the tutor calling out my name. "Jeon Jungkook! Seem as though you're our top student, can you explain why we fall in love Psychologically?" He asked sitting on top of his desk. I internally sighed as the whole class turned to look up at me. The only thing that made this class tolerable was the fact that I didn't have to see Taehyung, he wasn't in my Psychology class, so it meant I could have time to think to myself, instead of being constantly pestered with questions about my Jimin. "Go on then!" My tutor repeated.

"Why we fall in love....Well usually, we fall in love with someone that we find attractive and appropriate to us, but also someone who demonstrates that they are attracted to us. This makes a situation where a perfect opportunity is open to us for self-expansion. The fact that they are attracted to us offers a significant opportunity — when we perceive this, we feel a surge of exhilaration." I started, getting lost in my own words once again, and when I turned back to my tutor he seemed a little taken aback.

"Hmm...so does it always work this way?" He asked standing up from his desk and walking over to his whiteboard.

"No, an interesting exception to this happens if we feel self conscious or if we have a low self esteem, meaning we only see the bad aspects to ourselves or we even exaggerate how bad of a person we are. The process gets thrown off if we can't believe that another persons finds us appealing to the eye. We tend to miss out on opportunities for falling in love if we don't feel good about ourselves." I explained and when I looked down at the tutor he seemed impressed.

"That was an excellent answer, as always. Remember all that people, if you write that down in your exam I can promise full marks. It helps to have experience in falling in love, and I can see Jungkook has that experience" He added and I furrowed my brow a little.

"Sorry, but how can you know that?" I asked and yes I knew it was a little risky as it might have seemed like I was talking back rudely, but I was purely intrigued.

"The way you explained why we fall in love and how you answered my last question, not many people can answer that question perfectly without knowing the feeling itself. Which is strange because Love was your weakest subject." He answered and I tilted my head a little.

"So what are you suggesting?" I continued.

"I'm suggesting that you, Mr Jeon Jungkook, have found someone special as of recently..." He finished and I sat back in my chair pondering on what my tutor had just told me.
Someone special...The only name that came into my mind was Jimin. He was special to me, I mean I was thinking about him all the time, I worried about him constantly and I would get jealous whenever I saw with him Taehyung, but I refused to admit that I was in love with him. To be in love with someone is something I was not capable of. I didn't even love my parents, but they never cared about my interests, so I had good reason.
My train of though suddenly came to an abrupt end when someone bursted through the hall doors, grabbing the attention of the whole class. When I looked to the door I saw a very exhausted Taehyung.