Chapter 26

This Kiss

It was hard to believe

It was hard to believe. Hard to believe what had just happened. My lips were  still tingling and craving for more. Even though I could feel the inexperience Jimin had, it still felt incredible. When I finally pushed him back and our lips parted I had wished I'd never did, but for the sake of Jimin I knew I had too. I looked up to see his reaction, and it was a sight from heaven itself. His lips were all swollen and red, not to mention the string of salvia that trailed from his lips as we parted. His eyes were still closed and I could hear his breaths that fell through his slightly parted lips.
Next there was silence. It was a silence of shock. The sudden realisation hit me like a brick, and the fact that it was Jimin that made the first move was what completed it all. Completed how unpredictable this situation really was. All the thoughts I had previously had about Taehyung and Jimin just seemed to disintegrate into nothing, and I knew that all those thoughts was just my paranoia trying to engulf me. Then a sweet whisper that was slightly breathy rose up from the silence.
"D-does...Kookie remember?"
I moved my gaze to meet Jimin's and I could see that he was expecting me to answer back desperately. The waver in his voice was telling how anxious he had been and my silence probably wasn't helping. I just couldn't seem to fathom the words as my lips were still burning from the kiss. "Has...J-Jimin done wrong?" He stuttered slightly as I felt him shift away a little.

"No!" I yelled in a panic and I noticed the shock on Jimin's delicate face. "I mean...N-no...no definitely not..." I repeated a little more calmly and as Jimin exhaled he relaxed slightly back into my lap.

"So Kookie remembers?" Jimin gulped and I nodded back. Once Jimin registered my nod I watched the most magical sight happen right in front of my eyes. Jimin began to smile, but then it widened and brightened into something unexplainable with words. His eyes turned into crescents, his cheeks prominently showed, and the crease line from the side of his lips to his nose formed beautifully . "Kookie loves Jimin?!" Jimin added bouncing excitedly on my lap, which surprisingly didn't affect me, as I was still recuperating from the kiss.

"Kookie definitely loves Jimin..." I blurted out as I was way to caught up in the moment to even think about the words spewing from my lips.

"Jimin loves Kookie too!" Jimin squealed out as he threw his arms around my neck and he leaned into me desperately. I felt his head nuzzle into the crook of my neck and I couldn't help it. My arms snaked around his waist and I hugged him back so tightly, as if he would run away at that second. After a few long minutes of us just hugging my mind kept going back to one question.

"Jiminie...Can I ask you something?" I spoke out ending the sweet silence of the hug me and Jimin shared.

"What is it...?" Jimin mumbled into my neck and I could feel his breath tickle me as he spoke.

"Do you know what this love is?" I questioned and Jimin leaned back with a small frown, although he kept his arms around my neck. "I mean do you know what this means? The kiss we shared, the expressing of the fact we love each other. I want to be sure, before we go any further" I explained and Jimin averted his gaze down to floor and there was a small, drowned pause.

"Umm...well I'm actually a little unsure...and I'm also a little scared..." Jimin admitted in a small whisper, that I was just able to hear, but then his eyes suddenly shot up to mine again. "But I want to learn! And I want to learn with you Kookie...all I know is that whenever I'm near you there's this loud thumping noise coming from my chest and it gets faster and louder the closer you get. Then when you're not near me or with me I feel sad, lonely and all I can think about is you. My hands get sweaty whenever you hold them, and when you let go I miss the feeling of your touch...When you rub my hair with your hand it feels so warm and I get tingly...I get so happy whenever I see you, so much that the first thing I do when I wake up is search for you. And, and my stomach aches badly when I see you with someone else...I know it's a bad thing and it hurts, but I know that it all means something...I also can't help but want to try new things with you Kookie...I don't want to try them with Hobi-Hyung, or anyone else...I want to try them with you..." Jimin finished and I couldn't believe my ears. The words Jimin had just said touched my heart deeply and I still don't know why to this day, but my eyes started to fill up. Jimin must have noticed cause his eyes suddenly widened. "Wait...Did I upset you?! I'm sorry Kookie! I'm sorry!" Jimin apologised profusely and I started to laugh as I felt the tears drip slowly from my eyes.

"N-no...I'm not sad Jiminie...I'm happy...I'm overwhelmed by your words..." I stated and Jimin cocked his head to the side slightly.

"Overwhelmed...?" Jimin repeated in a confused manner.

"It means I'm just surprised and touched by your words..." I answered. By this point I wasn't even trying to hold back my tears. Never in my entire life had I ever cried out of pure happiness till that day. Till I heard Jimin's words. It was the sweetest, kindest and cutest confession I had ever heard, and the fact that I could tell he meant every word was what finished it for me.

"...what happens now?" Jimin silently questioned as he leaned into me again.

"We take it slow Jiminie...Step after step...I want you to feel comfortable and I want us to work out...I really do." I answered as I slowly raised my hand to Jimin's blushed cheek, in which he leaned into my touch with a sweet hum.

"Jimin is happy as long as Kookie is here..." He replied in a soft whisper and I felt like I had achieved what I had strived for. I only wanted to make Jimin happy, and his words hit me. To make him happy was one thing, but to be the reason for his happiness was perfect, and I knew I had to cling onto that, because Jimin was my happiness too. He was my light. I had lived in the shadows, in fear of having somebody I could trust, but Jimin was different. I didn't have that fear, because then I knew that he loved me...
My whole life shattered. It had shattered in the best way possible. I no longer had to shield myself away from people, I no longer had to put up the facade I had covered myself in. I could finally just be me. I could smile, I could laugh, I could have friends, because now I had Jimin. The whole world seemed like a fingertip away, because I had Jimin.

[Authors Note]
Ayeee! They're finally together after 25 long ass and short ass chapters!! I never intended to make you all wait so long for  this moment , but whooops! 😂😂
Anyway, I'm sorry it was a short chapter, but I felt like this scene needed a chapter for itself! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed ☺️💜

Oh and also...The Love Yourself Highlight Reel had me crying and dead 😭😍💜
I swear BigHit keep leaving us with more unanswered questions then what we started with...but I still love them 😂💜