Chapter 24

Hands

Silence

Silence. That's what came after my confession. In fact that was the only thing that came after my confession. Jimin looked speechless, no clueless. I had never felt so idiotic in my life. I had just confessed to someone who had no idea what love meant. I was completely and utterly lost. I didn't know what to say, so the silence lasted a long time. A very long time. It dragged on for what felt like an eternity to me. I couldn't decide what to say, hell my so called complex mind couldn't even come up with one single word to say.
I suddenly felt a soft grip on my arm, and when I finally averted my attention away from Jimin, it was his small hand. I felt my whole body loosen and for some reason my once tongue tied lips, could move, and I could feel the words starting to form. "Jimin...I-" I started, but out of nowhere I felt his whole body collapse into me. It took me a few seconds for me to realise what had just happened, and when I did I gently shook Jimin's body. "Jiminie-Hyung..." I started, but there was no response. "Jimin...?" I repeated but there was still no response. I began to shake a little more violently. "Jimin-Ah? Wake up!" I raised my voice from the amount of concern I was feeling. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled '999' "Umm hello? Yeah please come quick...m-my friend he um, he just c-collapsed and he won't wake up...please come quick...yeah, we're at umm Seoul State Park. O-ok. His name is Park Jimin...I'm Jeon...Jeon Jungkook. Again hurry!" I panicked and as the call ended I slowly took off my jacket while still holding Jimin. I placed my jacked on the ground as a pillow for Jimin, before I carefully laid him down comfortably. I waited anxiously for the Ambulance to arrive. It felt like I was waiting hours, time seemed to drag on and I didn't once take my eyes off Jimin. It was pretty late, and if it weren't for the half lit street lamp just above us, we'd be in pitch black.
My ears perked slightly as I could hear the sound of sirens growing closer. I sighed in relief as I saw the flashing lights beaming brightly in our direction. I shot up and waved dramatically so they would know it was me that needed them. It didn't late long before they pulled up right next to us, and two people came rushing out. "Help please!" I begged. The first person scurried over and kneeled down to check Jimin's vital signs.

"We got a breather, his pulse seems to be fine, maybe slightly weak." The paramedic spoke out then turned to me. "Hi, I'm Onew. I'm here to help, would you mind answering a few questions for me?"

"Can't you just take him to the hospital?!" I was beginning to get a little frustrated, because when I looked down at how weak Jimin looked, it killed me.

"We can do that, but I need to ask a few questions. Please I'm trying to help" Onew explained and I calmed down a little with a sigh.

"Fine. Ask away." I replied a little bluntly.

"How long has he been unconscious?" He questioned while taking out a note pad and pen.

"Umm, I would say a good 25 minutes..." I answered biting my lip nervously as I tried to avert my eyes down.