750 Days (1D//5SOS fic)

INTRODUCTION
I have come so far. I don't remember how long it's been since I left or how far I have traveled. I have no idea of the date and am too unaware to estimate the time. All I know is I don't know how much more I can go and don't know where I am even trying to go. All I know is that I need to be far away from home. Or what's left of it.
Every step I take, my body begs me to stop, the pain in my muscles, my unbearbale hunger and thirst, my overwhelming exhaustion that makes me forget everything I've ever known. However, I can not let him down. I can not do another thing wrong, fuck another up that is supposed to be.
When it's hard for me, I remember the times before. I remember all of the sleepovers, the pranks, the dares, the adventures, the memories. I remember every inside joke and every laugh I had as an innocent teenager, with all whom I lover. I remember my favorite things and the music that I enjoyed, the love of my mother, my passion to make my youth the prime of my life.
This makes me crack as much as I can of a smile, but then I find salty frozen tears falling down my cheek, once I get the reminders that those times were only in before. As of now, I'm alone.
"Don't cry Mel, I'm here. You're not alone my love," I hear echoing through my weak body.
"Louis? Where are you?" I cry.
"I'm right here, can't you see me? I'M RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU!"
No, it's all in your head Melody. He's gone. He isn't coming back.
However, the deceiving part of my mind has overpowered any common sense, and I can't help but find it tortureous to hear him, a part of me thinking he's still here. Make it stop!
Its scary, the actual realization that everything you had and everyone you love is gone, and you truly have no companion but your own shadow. Some are fortunate enough to not be last, to still have your loved ones around you when you leave this world and still have all of it clunched in your dirty hands. But only the strongest souls can handle being the last, laying cold and lifeless but still breathing, and having no one to hold you and make your last moments special. I guess it was flattering to say I was the strongest, but I am not. Why am I the one who has to deal with this?
The only comfort I have is memories. Memories that seem so real and can make me feel like I'm living them again, but still feel so long ago. Of course I can't forget about the day that was supposed to be one of the best of my life, but instead was the conclusion of the good times of before. When the whole thing actually started. Day 1.