Gotta Get Out

Music:

I'm in here // Sia

 Gotta get Out // 5 Seconds of Summer

December 15, 2012

  Cody had come to pick us up the following morning, and he was quite annoyed that we were all asleep and nothing was taken down when he arrived. However, we were too tired to say anything so a witty remark did not cost us an episode. 

   As usual time gaps, nothing interesting enough for me to tell you about has occurred; same old work days, squabbling with Sonny and Chloe and all of that good stuff. It was starting to grow very very boring, but as I have also told you before, it's a lot better than the alternative.

  I had always been a person who wakes up early in the morning; for me, waking up at nine in the morning was considered sleeping in. I have no idea what time it is currently, which bothers me quite a lot. Hoping Phoenix is awake (not likely) so that I could check the time on her phone, I slide slowly out of Louis' arms and stand up, prepared to depart the front room. We always were supposed to go there when we have awoken.

  I look down at Louis' resting figure and smile, kissing his cheek and tucking more of the blanket on him. I have a thing for stealing all of the blankets in my sleep. I leave as quietly as I can and see that most of the doors are still closed. I go downstairs to the living room and see Calum sitting on the couch, his pants' legs torn with blood seeping out of them.

  "What happened to you?" I ask in a hushed voice. Waking up Cody or one of them would not result well.

  "Mel?" He asks.

  "Yes," I say, sitting on the couch.

  "I tried to come down here by feel because I was tired of laying in bed and I didn't want to wake Liam, and I fell doan the stairs," he says.

  "Jesus Calum. Isn't like you to be up so early anyways," I say.

  "Haven't been able to sleep well lately," he says.

  "It'd be a miracle if you could," I say, and we are quiet for a few moments. It's not awkward silence or anything, it's comfortable. Sometimes, you don't need words to put out what you're saying.

  "Do you think any more of us are going to die?" he asks.

  I sigh. "Sadly, it's bound to happen. I think all of us are going to die. I just hope I'm not the last one standing. That would suck, suck a lot," I say.

  "I've been thinking a lot about death lately, and it's scaring me. I have dreams that tell me it's coming. I want it all of the time, but when it comes down to it, it terrifies me," he says.

  "I think we all feel that way," I say sadly.

  "If the opprotunity comes, I think I'll take it. I feel it in me, feel it coming so soon. I'm left for dead anyways," he says.

  "You know, it would destroy Phoenix. I don't know if she'd get over that. My brother wouldn't do too well either," I say. It was true. Not doing too well is an understatement.

  "I know, and this is so selfish of me. But at the same time, I'm a burden to them. I provide a lot of extra care. I just feel like everyone would be better off that way," he says, and I notice tears sliding down his cheeks.

  I decide that the best thing to do is hug him, so I wrap my arms around him and he does the same to me. Calum was a good friend to me before all of this happened, and we haven't talked for a while. But I've missed him.