Nightmares

Suggested Music:

Runaway // Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I was unaware of where Phoenix had gone, since I couldn't hear anything car related anymore. It had been about thirty minutes since she freaked out and ran away, and I was still chained to the wall.

I glance over to where Calum lays, knowing I shouldn't look but feeling the need to. My eyes come in contact with him and I shudder. Images of lively, happy, adventurous Calum that I've known my whole life flow into my mind, memories of all of the innocent mischief that we've got into. Now he's gone.

I ball up a bit and let out a loud sob, tears streaking uncontrollably down my face and the mascara I put on this morning no doubt glued to my cheeks. If I'm alone anyways, I guess I can let it out.

How am I gonna tell Luke?

Has Phoenix told them?

Where is Phoenix?

What will Cody do when he sees that Phoenix killed Chloe?

Is the plan for tomorrow still on?

I wrap my knees in my arms and cry for a while, remembering how it feels for someone close to you to die. It had been a while, and it has happened many times, but every time it hits as strong.

Staying here isn't going to do you well.

I remember Phoenix bursting from the chains and remind myself that getting out of them must not be that difficult. I struggle to pull out, but nothing budged. I guess Phoenix was able to break free do to extreme rage and feeling to save her brother.

I lay down hopelessly, but when my head is upside down I glance to a piece of metal. I pop my head up and see a key, as well as a lock on the top of the chain.

The key is a bit far from my legs, so I try to extend myself in to reach it with my feet. After a while of trying, I finally feel it under my sock and pull it close enough to reach with my hand. I put the key inside the lock and the chains fall off the wall. They are still on my wrists, but I am no longer attached to the wall.

I walk a bit faintly, afraid of what is going to happen when I go out that door. I take a good look back at Calum. It really saddens me to look at him, not just because he's dead, but because he doesn't look peaceful. He looks concerned. I think he then realized how much his death would effect other people.

"Bye Cal, I love you. Have fun on your new adventure, we'll join you soon," I say, before turning away forever.

I turn the lock of the door, moving my hand to the doorknob. I have no idea why I'm dreading going out so much, but I really am.

I bite my tongue and twist the doorknob, a springing sound coming out of it. I walk out of the room, closing the door but careful not to slam it. I breathe harshly and then turn around.

"MELODY? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" Violet says, turning around from the couch where everyone aside from Austin and Phoenix are sitting, stressed and worried expressions on their faces.

I look at them sadly, tears still going down my face.

"Phoenix was in a car and it broke down by the time she got to the front of the garage. She ran in here screaming and crying and she couldn't look us in the eye. She ran up into her room and slammed the door, but Austin went with her. What happened?" Luke asks me. His face is worried, but not yet broken. How do I tell him this.

"Lukey baby, come here. I have to tell you something," I say, trying to keep from sobbing.

"Where's Calum?" he asks, coming closer to me.