Trick or Treat?

October 31, 2012

I woke up feeling sick, nautious, and uneasy. Oh god, what the hell happened? Oh yeah, it was Phoenix's birthday and we broke into the booze. We were all in the pool despite the freezing pool, someone entered the house angrily and I passed out.

  I force myself up, holding onto my head in pain due to my fast movement. I find myself still half in the water, only in my underclothes. My shirt and jeans lay on the pool side. My entire body is  covered in goosebumps, shuddering heavily from the freezing temperature. I quickly push my legs out of the water, laying on the cement. Now I take a moment to absorb my surroundings.

  No one else is out here with me, just the overcast sky and grey water. Silence fulfills the air with an excused for an occasional caw of a crow. I force myself to stand and put on my clothes, my bra and underwear still soaking wet. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

  I walk to the screen door and open it hesitantly. Was I going to be punished for this?

  I stumble into the kitchen and again see no one. For a moment, I begin to question if I am dreaming. However, I feel way too sick for that to be accurate.

  I walk upstairs next to the rooms, each of the doors shut closed. I grab the door to Louis and I's room and untwist it, hoping he's inside. I see him sound asleep in the bed and sigh in relief. Just as I'm about to creep into the bed, I feel a familiar feeling of physical disgust down my stomach and run into the bathroom. As the vomit shoots up my throat, I lean over the toilet and let it out. Lord, I hate hangovers.

  After a moment of feeling gross burning vile stick in ny throat, I feel Louis enter the room and approach me, holding my hair back and rubbing my back. Finally, I finish, wiping my lip and leaning back a bit.

  "You okay?" Louis asks, wiping my face with a washcloth and flushing the toilet.

  "This usually happens when I drink too much, I'll ne fine," I say.

  "Last night just after you passed out, Cody came in and he was furious that we took the liquor. Austin took the blame eventually, but Cody and Lucio are still vert angry. He told us that you deserved to stay in the pool for drinking so much, and that if any of us tried to carry you out you'd be shot. I am very sorry," he says.

  "Dont be sorry, I'm fine now. Jesus, this is like the third time Cody has grown infuriated with us since the mall. I'm honestly afraid of what he's going to do to us back," I say.

  "I just don't want anyone else getting hurt, are you sure nothing's wrong with you? You could've gotten pneumonia!" he says.

  "Louis I'm fine, I promise. Its okay, everything's okay," I say, smiling at him. Worry and sadness still complete his eyes, a bit different from when I had first met him. When I first met Louis, his eyes were full of resentment and anger. Now, they were just broken.

   But that was all four days ago, the morning after Phoenix's birthday. Although I know Cody is very angry with our actions, he hadn't said anything outright. I was very concerned of why not, since he was still upset about the mall incident, Liam killing one of his German Shepards (even though that was two months ago), Luke hitting him and now our little party. Why hadn't he striked? Is it going to be unexpected?

  That's when I realized today was Halloween. Well, that explains a lot.

  Was Cody planning something Halloween related? Mostlikely.

  It was morning now (approximately 96 hours since I had woken up hungover in the pool) and we were all eating French toast in kitchen for breakfast. I had always loved French toast, but I probably will never enjoy it as much again when it brings memories to this place. Then again, I don't expect to get out of this place. We're probably all going to die here, including me.