Someday

November 19, 2012

  "I feel like you guys need some time out of here."

  Cody is speaking during breakfast, breaking the silence that had been filled with the sound of colliding silverware. Lucio and Austin had returned from their trip a while back and we had told Austin that Luke and Liam were attacked by Cody's dogs. They were doing quite alright in the healing process, but it hurt them to go up and down the stairs or bend over and there had been bad days when they felt like shit altogether. It could of been worse, we remind ourselves. 

  "Yeah, we need some time anywhere far away from you," Violet says.

  "Watch your tone young lady, you'll be sorry for it," Cody growls.

  "You're not doing shit to her stupid ass," Niall laughs.

  Cody reminds himself that Austin is present and slams his fork down in frustration.

  "Guess you wouldn't appreciate a little break, I thought you were all behaving so well lately," he mumbles.

  "A break where?" I ask.

  "I was thinking that you could all go camping for three days, the woods lay just a bit behind the mansion," Cody speaks up.

  "Camping? As long as I dont have to put anything up," Louis laughs.

  "Typical story in the woods. Are you going to go slaughter us with a grim reaper stick and play Don't Go by Bring Me the Horizon?" Calum asks, and I chuckle a bit. I really like when we could act this way.

  "Perhaps I will if you don't shut up. And you wouldn't even see it coming," Cody smirks, and Chloe laughs harder than she should of.

  "When are we going to go camping?" Luke asks.

  "I'm dropping you all off right now, and since today is the 19th I will pick you up on the morning of the 21st. Chloe and Sonny will be coming to keep an eye on you," Cody explains.

  "Just peachy," Niall says.

  "I expect you guys to wash your dishes, collect your belongings and wait outside. Anything you'd like to add?" he says.

  "Yes actually. When I was twelve, there was a spider on the wall and I sprayed Victoria Secret perfume on it and then its butt started bouncing up and down," Phoenix says. Calum laughs hysrerically, and for some reason so does Niall.

  "Hurry up with your packing then," Cody says, and we all get up off the table.

  "Austin, I would like you to tag along as well," Lucio says.

  "Sure," Austin mutters, glued to his phone once again.

  Phoenix smirks as we go into our rooms and choose from our scarce belongings. It's funny to think that only three weeks ago these rooms were used for trick or treat.

  Once we are done, we go outside with Cody as we are told. Lucio stays in while we pack into the van. It's going to be funny when one day we can go inside this car and they'll be enough seatbelts for everyone. Well, it won't be too funny since that would mean some of us would have to die. I assume you assumed that, but for all I know you could've assumed that those people stayed at home or decided to walk. You can't ever assume someone's assumptions.

   "Can you please change the station to some music that doesn't make me want to jump out of the car? I'm.begging you," Phoenix pleads.

  Cody sighs. "Fine. You do it Chloe," he says, and she turns the music tuner. It's the end of a commercial. Soon, the beginning notes of the song begin and I recognize it as Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz.