Optimistic

January 25, 2013

  I had grown very suspicious about there being something up with Cody and his gang. It had been such a while since he's made a move, since Halloween actually. Now, its nearly February and our life feels almost normal. Im definitely not complaining, it's just that I fear him making a big move to make up for it. I know that this definitely is not even close to over.

  Its crazy to think that it's been a month since Christmas and nearly a year since we were taken. Last year, I would've never pictured myself in this position. How much time will it take for all of this to be over? Although l desperately want to go home, I know I will not react well to seeing my poor excuse of a mother. While being in here, my feelings towards her have grown extremely bitter. I guess its not home that I desperately want, its for no one else that I care for to die.

  A chilly winter had been passing, snowflakes falling daily and blanketing the floor. I've got to admit that this place is beautiful; not just the man made mansion, but the whole environment that surrounds it. There is a hint of nature with hills hovering over the mountainside and large trees and open space, but we are also pretty close to a city with buildings that's lights glowed up the entire night along the moon. I guess that's why I loved sitting on the balcony so much, it provided a beautiful view of nature entwined with city. I always was the kind of person who loved watching sunsets and stars, it was enlightening.

   The cold has not calmed, and even though this is the easiest we've had it here for a while I feel that the dark days are near. It's quite fearful.

  "Its been a month since Christmas, right?" I ask Liam, who was sitting on the same couch as me. It was about ten thirty in the morning and we were still waiting for Calum, Phoenix, and Louis to awaken. No surprise there.

  "Yeah, I guess it has," Liam says.

  I nod, trying to figure out what's so familiar to me about today. January 25. January 25. January 25!

  I run up the stairs and dart towards Calum and Liam's room, and I notice Luke is as well running behind me. I open the door and see Calum sprawled out on the bed, sleeping soundly.

  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAL!" I yell, lunging myself onto the bed and landing on his side.

  "Goddamnit Melody, I was sleeping so good," Calum groans.

  "CAL IS EIGHTEEN! TIME FLIES!" Luke says, crawling onto the open space of Calums body. Calum smiles and ruffles his hair, pulling him under his arm.

    "Heard of the commotion, don't you got wonderful friends," Violet says, leaning against the open door with a smirk on her face.

  "I indeed do, I love you guys," Calum says.

  "Thanks for the wake up!" Louis calls from outside in the hall.

  "You're welcome! Its cal's birthday!" I announce.

  "Happy birthday Calum!" Louis says.

   "Thank you!" Calum says.

  "Did I hear that today is my big brother's birthday?" Phoenix says, coming in the room.

  "Apparently it is," Calum laughs.

  "CALS!" Phoenix says, jumping on him as well and crawling into his extra arm.

  "My amazing fans everybody," Calum laughs.

  "Cmon up now," I say, jumping off Calum.

  "Lord, I think I busted my spleen from you guys," Calum says while Phoenix helps him up.