Insane

Recap:

  I lay down next to Luke, grasping his hand tightly. Thank god he's gonna be okay. There's gonna be a nasty scar on his stomach forever though. I kiss him on the cheek and ruffle his hair as I usually do when trying to comfort him. Calum lays down on the other side of Luke, grasping his other hand. Calum really loves Luke. Phoenix rests her head on Calum's shoulder and Izzy leans back on a chair. I owe a lot of thanks to Izzy, saving my love and convincing Cody to save my younger brother and friend. But all I can think about now is how grateful I am that he's alive.

  Isn't Halloween wonderful?

  It had been about five in the morning now, and everyone was in the same previous position as a couple of hours ago. I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep. I yawn and sit up a bit, signifying my awakening.

  "Someone was tired," Violet says, who obviously had returned from getting fixed up.

  "Who wouldn't be, aren't you guys tired?" I say.

  "Exhausted, but too exhausted and stirred to rest," Calum says, who I was wondering about whether he was in a slumber or not.

  "I understand the feeling," I say, playing with Luke's hand curiously while sighing. It's kind of hard to let the past few hours sink in, but that would make sense when the past six months have been nothing but a painful daze.

  I look around and realize that besides Izzy, everyone in here is my little gang that haved lived on my street all my life. So many good innocent memories we've got. Three of my childhood best friends are dead. Dead. They're gone and I'm never going to see them again. I can't bring up our insiders anymore, no more snickering or belly laughing, no more late night talks exposing the thoughts that hide deep in the corners of our souls. Ashton, Mikey, and Faye are gone forever. And Louis, Liam, and Niall had lost Harry and Zayn. It just isn't fair. God how painful sinking in is. I should've focused more on swim lessons.

  "The kid's gonna be out for a while, ain't he?" Phoenix says, gesturing to Luke who is laying in what appears to be a disturbed rest. His face looks so displeased and unhappy, which was typical after you've been striked with a chainsaw and live the life we do.

  "It's better that way, he's gonna be in a lot of pain when he wakes up," Violet says.

  I cringe, wishing I could feel every ounce of his pain for him. Why couldn't he have striked me? Or whoever it was that was at his door.

  "I wonder how Liam's doing, he better be alright," Calum says.

  I gulp. I had forgotten about the possibility of Liam being off bad. That would be horrible.

  "I think I wanna check up on him, the boys outta be lonely. Wanna tagalong?" Phoenix says, standing up off the bedside.

  "Sure," We say. We all know how Louis freaks out when someone gets hurt, it wasn't fair for them both to be thrown upon Niall.

  "What if Luke wakes up?" I say.

"I'll look after him, I promise I'll tell you if he wakes," Izzy offers. She is so quiet, I always forget she is even here.

  "Alright. Just care for him well," I say, squeezing Luke's hand and kissing his cheek before getting off the bed. Izzy nods while Phoenix helps Calum up and Violet and I follow. 

  "Fuck, we didn't even check to see if he was alive," Phoenix says.

  "It's alright, they're unaware of Luke's state as well. At least we're checking in now," I say.