Home?

Music: Homesick // Kings of Convenience

  "I need this out of me!" I cry," alarmingly staring at where the tracker lays in my arm.

  "We are gonna have to get checked up, and they'll remove it for us," Phoenix says.

  "No, I need it out now," I say, prodding at it with my finger nails. Inside of me lays an irrational fear that we are still going to explode and Cody is still watching us.

  He's dead, Melody. He can't hurt you anymore.

But, what if hes not?

You're going insane!

"I already cut mine out in the shower, I couldn't stand to have a part of him in my body any longer. I'll do it for you if you want," Liam says, holding a small knife.

  I stick my arm out without hesistation. You know how it feels when you have a very irritating rash and you want to scratch it until its off you? I feel like I'm breaking out in hives.

  Liam places the knife against my skin, feeling for the spot where it's located.

  "Sorry if it hurts a bit," he warns, quickly sticking the blade deeper and carving out the tracker. I wince a little, but I've grown accustom at this point. A gash is open on my arm, but that'll be fixed later. Liam quickly does the same thing for Phoenix and Luke and they have the same reactions as me.

  "Now what?" I ask.

  Were we to call the cops or walk home? The vacant lot where so many memories lay was in clear sight, and the block where we lived was just behind it. So Close.

  "I don't know, I just can't be here anymore," Luke says, walking forward. We all follow, unaware of our destination.

  Just as we walk out of the block, we notice an elderly (but not death bed elderly) taking a stroll. Then I realized it.

  It has always been so painful to see other people and not being able to call for help. Now, we can.

  "Excuse me!" I hoarsly call out, catching the woman's attention. Her eyes widen at the sight of us, which was expected. Four teenagers with a bleeding arm, bloody clothes, tearstained faces and damaged eyes calling you directly isnt something you see everyday over here in Westwood.

  Westwood. Home.

  "Yes?" she asks as we walk closer. At least she doesn't appear afraid of us, which was a possibility that I feared. Melody two years ago definitely would've been intimidated to look in the eye of Melody now.

  "Can-can you help us?" Luke says, pain and pleading in his voice.

  She puts on her glasses and squints closer at our faces. Her eyes reflected sadness and shock at once.

  "Oh my lord, are-are you a couple of the missing Westwood teenagers?" she asks.

  "Yes, we are, and Im one of the missing English kids who were on vacation," Liam crokes.

  "Oh my, it's been two years since I first started hearing about you on the news! Where are the rest of you?" She asks.

  "They're dead," Phoenix says bluntly.

  The woman gasps and puts her hand to her mouth, staring at our bloody clothes. "You poor babies! C'mon,  I'll get you to the police at once! Where are you injured?" she asks.