misunderstandings ; keirissa

(pretty confusing, but tea will be referred to as a "he" in here, but she's not a guy tho)

the first time akaashi met tea, he started to wonder if he was gay. not that he minded. tea was a pretty boy, and his sexuality didn't matter.

or so he thought.

they met through bokuto and shanz. they were dragging the moms out to wherever they wanted to go for supervision purposes.

akaashi stood under the shade of the tree, checking his phone for the time. it was ten thirty-seven in the morning, and bokuto promised to meet them there seven minutes ago. typical. he sighed.

"sorry i'm late!"

he glanced up to see a raven-haired teen run up towards him. he was wearing a white short with black jeans and sneakers, with a blue backpack slung over his shoulders. a pair of black glasses sat on the bidge of his nose. akaashi couldn't help but let his mouth open a little. did pretty boys really exist?

"you're akaashi, right?" the person asked.

"yes," he answered, "are you shanz's friend?"

"yeah, i'm tea," the ravenette answered, shooting a lopsided smile that sent akaashi's heart beating faster.

tea shot a glance at the screen of his phone, before asking, "shanz didn't show up either?"

"no," akaashi replied.

"they must've ditched us, then," tea sighed, before glancing at the taller male, "hey, is there anything you want to do?"

"i thought bokuto-san had today planned out, so i didn't think about anything else," akaashi said, "but if you want, we can grab a subway."

"sounds good to me," tea said, pushing the glasses up a little.

ever since then, akaashi has been falling for him. until the point even dense bokuto could see it, and started teasing him about it.

"you like tea, don't you?" he said, elbowing akaashi in the arm when he decided to visit him during lunch one day.

"n-no, i don't," the ravenette answered, swallowing a bite of his bento.

"please, the way you look at her says otherwise," bokuto laughed.

he was seriously starting to contemplate his sexuality when he realised something.

"bokuto-san, did you say... 'her'?" he asked, looking at the owl-like male in the eye.

"yeah, i did," bokuto answered, "why?"

akaashi breathed a sigh of relief. so he wasn't gay after all.

"i thought tea-san was a guy," he said.

bokuto gave a little snort before saying, "i know right? the first time i met her, i thought she was a guy too! a pretty one as well!"

akaashi stuffed another spoonful of rice into his mouth. how would he confess?

word count ; 425
date published ; 090617

a/n ; i thought about how someone mistook tea for a guy on shanz's snapchat and then it escalated to this ,, also shld i do a part two