Adjusting Periods

Tachibana Yui's POV

Its already 2nd month of the school year when I transfered here. Everyone has their group already. I dont know whom should I join. Lets see, the early students here are the nerdy ones. They seems to be really into experiments and the like. There are also girls who have high knowledge about fashion. I cant reach them. The mixed groups who is always noisy are the ones in Music Club. I dont really know anything about playing instruments or singing. Its been sometimes that I am here. I noticed someone who is like me. Tachibana Sayuri, she comes to school with that guy. I guess he's a university student. She's into mature people I guess. During breaks, she's nowhere to be found.

The bell rang and we are asked to settle down. Matsuda-sensei asked us to look for pair. Everyone already have their own. "Tachibana-san. Mind being in pair with me?", Sai offered. I accepted it with glee. We answered the problems easily. Matsuda-sensei is really lazy in teaching us Math. "So, you're still alone?", Sai asked me. I gulped and looked at her. "I dont seem to find a group to fit in", I leaned on the desk. She chuckled. "You're attractive. Just gather your courage to talk to them", Sai encouraged. She's not scary to talk to. I cannot say that she's an introvert. I can see her greet everyone in the classroom. Its just that.... "I'll give you company for a week. Make use of that to find where you want to join", Sai smiled. She has a pretty smile. What is with this sensation? I want to tell more stories. This nostalgic feeling is making me feel drawn to Sai.

Sai excitedly stepped out of the classroom. She's probably excited to see her boyfriend. I fixed my notebook and saw an unfamiliar notebook. A note fell down.

I see you having hard time in Japanese Literature Class. I took notes for you.

-Sai

I held tight on it and gave a deep sigh.

The next day, Sai was waiting for me at the school gate. "Good morning Tachibana", she waved her hands. "You can call me Yui. Its unfair for you to be called Sai while you still call me by my surname", I smiled at her. She nodded and we walked at the corridor together. "Good morning Sai!!!", our schoolmates greeted her. "Good morning Tachibana-san", one of the girls went near me. "Oh, Yori... is it okay for us to join you this lunch?", Sai asked. I flushed. "Its okay. You're welcome", Yori pushed me slightly.

Break- Rooftop

My mind is going blank as we appproach three girls. "Hello there, Yori, Saotome, Mika", Sai waved her hands. I also bowed. "Its been a while since you join us for lunch, Sai", Touma-san raised her chopstick. Let's see. They're all my classmate. Touma Saotome, Kitami Yori, Hisaki Mika. Its a good thing I know their name. "So we also have, Tachibana-san", Hisaki-san crossed her hands. I hesitated to sit at their mat. "Dont scare her Mika", Yori laughed. "Feel free to join us", Touma-san invited. Everyone was laughing while Sai is telling jokes. They are all familiar with each other.

Class 2-1

I noticed Sai's hair seems to be discolored on the inner side. "Sai, you colored your hair?", I asked. She hid the blonde hair and laughed. "Its our secret", Sai smiled. She knows everyone and also goes well with them. Unlike me but why is she alone?

Class Dismisal.

As usual, I watched Sai walked away and meet the guy. Our eyes met again. She called me to join them. "Its okay for me to go alone", I shyly said looking at Sai and her boyfriend. Wow! Its my first time to see him this close. He's really cool. "Hello, Tachibana-san. My name is Takuma Seishirou", he introduced himself. "You see, Sai is my best friend so dont be afraid to speak to me", Takuma-san clarified. Did I hear that correctly? Best friend? Sai pouted and started pinching Takuma-san's side. We came to the intersection where we are to separate ways. I see, Takuma-san is Sai's best friend. I feel a bit disappointed that they werent what I expected them to be.

Tachibana Sayuri's POV

"Can you stop smilling?", I said while looking at Sei-san walking beside me. "I'm just happy that we walked with a girl today", Sei-san chuckled. "I hope you'll be more close with her", Sei-san gave a wide smile. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "Beats me", I answered.

The Next Day

We're asked to bake anything today. I accompanied Yui to the greenhouse to show her where we freely get berries and fruits for cooking class. She was astonished how huge the greenhouse was and how well-taken care it was. "Sai, can I really eat this while I pick them up?", she asked with her eyes glittering. I nodded and was amused how excited she could be. "Sai, is this real blue berries?!!", she asked. "Well, yeah... our class were the ones that took care of them", I informed her. She ran around the greenhouse like a kindergarten inside a museum. When was the last time I was alone with a person again? Aside from Sei-san?

"Sai, let's create some strawberry cake", Yui invited. "No way", I immediately answered. I looked at Yui's confused eyes. "I mean... I really dont like strawberries. Its okay for me though", I clarified. "How about pineapple pie then", she asked. I nodded and I helped her gather one pineapple. We headed at the home economics room. The rest are already starting with their task. "Yui, dont worry we still have...", I stopped when I saw Yui's focused eyes. Her hands are fast in preparing the ingredients. "Sai, can you please make a dough for me", she said and it was like a different Yui I am seeing. I chuckled and just went with the flow.

The results were posted in the classroom's board. Yui and I won the pastry making contest. Yui was more than happy to see the result. Yori and the rest praised her and asked how she was able to create such a pie. I slowly went outside to get enough supply of oxygen. I mailed Sei-san.

We won the pasrty making. You wouldnt believe that it only took us few minutes to create one

-Sai

Thats good for you. We... I'm glad you finally learn how to work with someone. Great Job Sayuri

Seishirou