Best Friends

Tachibana Yui's POV
A week passed after the tour at Yaeyama. Sai spent the weekdays planning how to make the date work out fine. She was caught at one subject scribbling places to visit during the date. Matsuda-sensei made her explain the whole lesson. That's a teacher for you.

Yori, Mika, Saotome and I spent our lunch break at the rooftop. I told stories about the tour. "Really, good for you. You're getting closer to Sai", Yori gave me a slight push. "Right, hmmm. Then, how about you having a boyfriend?", Saotome asked. They're not really interested with Sai that much. "I dont really want to have one", I sheepishly hid at Mika's back. "Well, you're not alone now. We broke up last night", she opened and started bursting into tears. She told us about how she started falling out of love with her boyfriend. I feel a bit hurt why that happened but I still tried to understand. We decided to go into an arcade house to shrug off the negative vibes.

Arcade House After class

Upon entering, I already heard a familiar voice. "Sei-san! Give me the balls", Sai said without hesitations. I watch her shoot the ball perfectly. Yori and the others already went to buy coins. I saw Kise-kun hiding at a post while watching Takuma-san and Sai. He really likes Sai. I see him visit her during break times. Why is Sai not entertaining him? Yori grabbed me inside some game station and we played.

I went to get some drinks and bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Takuma-san. "Tachibana. You're here", he greeted. I bowed. "Did you see Sayuri? I've been looking for her", Takuma-san seems worried. "I'll help you look for her", I said. We got separated. I looked outside the terrace and saw her talking to Kise. Both of them seems to be in a serious mode. I dont what they were talking about but Sai seems to be pissed off. I went to Takuma-san and told him about her whereabouts. "Thank you, Tachibana", Takuma-san bowed. "Takuma-san... regarding Sai... what happens to people who tried to push their way to her?", I asked. "Sai... pounds them into powder. In the purest form", Takuma-san answered and left.

Pound them....into purest form?

Takuma Seishirou's POV

Tachibana's question reminded me of Sayuri's actions before. I wonder what happened to those girls who tried to befriend her. I spotted her talking to a guy wearing their school uniform. I guess it was a confession. Sayuri's starting to release a negative vibe so I got behind her. "Dont tell me you fallen in love with that big brother of yours?", the yellow head said. Sayuri seems to loose it that she raised her hands. Sayuri's slaps are the worst. I grabbed her hands before it even lands to these poor boy's face. "Dont ever come near me again, Kise. I've been so patient with you. I endured the stupid moments I was with you", Sayuri turned her back against the yellow head she called Kise. Sayuri grabbed her hand and ran away.

"Sorry, Sayuri doesnt mean it that way. She's just actually pissed off by what you said", I explained. "Are you... really... just her best friend", Kise asked. "I am", I smiled at him and followed Sayuri. We went home together. She was really silent. I dropped her home and also got to mine. The apartment was open when I got there. "Matsuda!!!", I shouted his name and threw the garbage bin on him. "Oh, that's a rude way to greet your brother", he whined. I closed the door and went to cook for food. I guess curry will do. "Seishirou... why dont you go home already?", brother asked me. I just ignored his question and continued cooking.

After eating, brother told me stories about how teaching was at school. He also told me that Sayuri is really excelling in her studies. Everything was to go well when he mentioned about father.

"Sei... father is sick. Mind visiting him?", Brother asked. I never answered and went to wash the dishes. He left afterwards.

Kyouya, are you busy?
-Sei

Not really, I'm in the car. Heading to school
-Kyouya

What do you think about me...visiting my father?
-Sei

You have to give it a thought, Bro. You know your father. He wont let you go until he dies.
-Kyouya

What if he's actually dying?
-Sei

You're nearly graduating men. I also am. Are you going to throw that away?
-Kyouya

He's still my father.
-Sei

I dont really understand what kind of heart you but then... you have a dream men. Its your choice
-Kyouya

I sighed while reading Kyouya's last words. Its still my choice. Whether I go or not. It is my choice. I am going to face the consequences.

Tachibana Sayuri's POV

If Sei-san wasnt there, I could have made Kise comatose for a week. I really hate pushy guys. I might have lost my control if ever Sei-san didnt stop me.

My bed is a bit different today. Did mom changed the sheets? I checked upon it and saw a box underneath my bed. I smiled and opened it.

I saw a photo we have in middle high school

I saw a photo we have in middle high school. I was still in my blonde hair. Sei-san is my best friend back then. I ruined his romantic life over and over again since girls thought he was going out with me. I remember the time when one of his crushes confessed to him. I butted in complaining about the cookies he baked for me. I totally busted the relationship off but Sei-san never complained to me. He never got angry at me for ruining his chances on girls. He even thanked me for saving him from being slaves for those probable girlfriends she could have. Sei-san was my best friend but honestly... I liked him back then... until he told me.

Flashback...

Valentines Day Middle High

I prepared a lot in order to give Sei-san chocolates. I would like him to know how I feel. I totally like him. He was my ideal man. He's a gentleman. He knows how to cook. He plays instruments. He's also a basketball and soccer player at the same time. Most of all, his presence is so refreshing. He knows how to keep a secret. He listens to what I am saying and gives wise advices.

It was afterclass when girls stopped hunting him to give chocolates. I spotted him resting under the tree. I also sat beside him. "So tough being handsome?", I teased. He lied down and sighed. I placed the box in his chest. "I did that on my own", I shyly siad. "Thanks... it would be unfair to accept this and reject the rest. But because you are my best friend and this chocolate doesnt hold any love potion. I will accept this. You're my best friend after all", Sei-san sat straight. "I li-", Sei-san cut my words. "I dont like girls who takes my consideration for them with advantage. Also... what best friends are will remain, right? You're not like them", Sei-san smiled. I wonder if I should feel happy or regret that I am his best friend.

Some revelations now fellas.