Can I Be Your Friend?

Tachibana Yui's POV

Yori totally invited me in the group. They're bunch of warm people. They all have a boyfriend and I guess that's what makes them connected to each other. People get to like each other because of the similarities. We gathered at the rooftop. Its been 2 days since Sai skipped her meals with us. Is something wrong?

"Where is Sai?" I tried to ask them. "Hmmm... you'll figure it out on your own", Yori gave a smile. "What do you mean?",I asked again. "Nevermind that. By the way, Yui we are going to have a Sport fest next week. What sport will you join?", Mika asked. I looked at the sky and recalled what could I probably do. "Hmmm... volleyball, I guess", I answered. "Ill be at the same sport as yours", Saotome's words made me relieved.

Class 2-1

The class president is so fired up in winning the sport's fest. "We are going to take it to the top!!", he shouted. Iki-san is really a competetive person. "Yui, I heard that you're doing volleyball. I'll be playing for basketball. I guess I wont be able to watch you", Sai said in an apologenic tone. "Its okay Sai. We'll do our best. I know you're also going to win. Not to mention seeing you run during the first day I was in school", I chuckled remembering that time. Sai gave a thumbs up. Right? I havent asked Sai about the reason why she's no longer eating with us. Afterclass, Sai and I were the ones scheduled for cleaning the room. She was silent and she seems enjoying cleaning the room. "Sai, can I ask you something?", I started. She nodded. "Why arent you eating with us? Is there something wrong?", I asked. She chuckled and dropped the duster. "I dont like commitments ", she said with a straightface. I dont seems to get her right. "Can you repeat that again?", I asked.

Sai turned around. I cant see the reaction on her face. Did I offend her? "Its getting a bit late. Lets finish the cleaning", she said and picked the duster. Sai was unusually quiet this time. I really offended her. "Dont mind about what I said a while ago. We all have our reasons", I suddenly said while we are walking downstairs. She looked back to me and gave a smile. That's a relief.

Hinako's Residence.

My cousin is waiting outside the door. I called her name and she ran to me. "Yui-ne", she hugged me tight.

"Chitoge", I tighten my hug

"Chitoge", I tighten my hug. I've been living with my Aunt who's a teacher in our school. Chitoge is still in her middle school that's why we dont really spend a lot of time together. "Why were you waiting for me at the door?", I asked her. "I actually need your help", Chitoge flushed. What is happening to my innocent Chitoge? I looked closer to her face and saw she was wearing light make up. I raised my brows and she burrowed her face in my chest.

Tachibana Yui's Room

"And so... I wanted to tell him how I feel", Chitoge admitted that she has someone she likes. "So how does he look like?", I was intrigued of how Chitoge fell for such a guy. "He's cool. He's got black neatly fixed hair. He spends his break at the rooftop playing with cats. He's not an introvert. He still plays soccer with his friends. Plus... he's so fragrant. His shampoo smells like watermelon. And... and the way he spins his ballpen. He's so amazing", Chitoge narrates as her eyes also glitters. "I see. I see Chitoge. I would also like to see him personally", I smiled. "Please help me, Master", Chitoge kneeled and bowed. I face palmed and just nodded. Shall I consult Yori and the rest about it?

My phone rang after sometime. It's an international number. I excused myself and went at the terrace.

Kyouya: Long time no talk

Yui: Oh, Kyouya. How are you there? What took you so long to call me?!

Kyouya: Calm down. I became a bit busy this days.

Yui: hmmmft. Whatever. By the way, Im starting to adapt here. I might as well take my university days here.

Kyouya: Then I'll move the company there so that we can still work together

Yui: In your dreams Kyouya. I'll create my own company here.

Kyouya : Did you finally have a boyfriend?

Yui: No stupid. I dont have time for that.

Kyouya: So sad... I might be going ahead of you.

Yui: Enjoy your relationship then

Kyouya: Of course I will. So then, I still have work. I'll call again.

Yui: Yes Kyouya. Regards to your Dad.

Kyouya: Sure.

Kyouya ended the call.

The Next Day
CLASS 2-1

I sat beside Yori who is probably daydreaming. "Yori, can I ask you about something?", I shyly said. Her eyes sparkled and looked straight in my eyes. "Is that about a guy? Then you're finally going to have a boyfriend?", Yori asked. I sighed and just told her about the condition of Chitoge. "Ohhh. So she wants to confess?", Yori smiled. "Bring us to her", Yori gave a thumbs up.

Afterclass at the School's gate.

I saw Sai waiting at the gate. She seems upset looking at her watch. "Sai, do you have any plans today? We are planning to go at our place", I tried to invite her. She seems to be interested and joined us. I'm glad she agreed to come with us. We walked at the streets. I noticed Sai talking to Yori and the rest of the girls. She's great in creating conversations.

"Hmmm... you're going to confess to someone?", Sai asked. I shook my head. She had a sly smile and put her hands around me. "Tell me, who is that guy?", Sai asked. I explained that it wasnt me. "Oh, I see. Then... it's your cousin then", Sai said in disappointment. Sai can also be so intrigued with those topics.

I dont like commitments....

I shook my head. We arrived at our place.

Tachibana Yui's Room.

"Nami-sensei is your Aunt. I see. She's so nice to have us here", Yori said while scanning on my room. "You have a cool place", Sai commented then sat at my bed. They're all cozy at once. I'm so happy. "I'll just go and get some drinks and snacks", I said.

End of the Chapter.

How are you with Yui and Sai?