Stars In The Rain

Tachibana Sayuri's POV

Kyouya-san and I distributed toys to the kids. Most of them are cancer patients. They're too young to give up in living. The hospice director told us not to question their decision. Kyouya-san's english is amazing. I saw Yui running while wiping her tears. I tried to follow her but Kyouya-san grabbed my hands. He shook his head and led me towards the playground to play with the kids.

I am still bothered about Yui. I saw Sei-san walking around. "Have you seen Yui?", I asked. "I am also looking for her", he said. The three of us splitted to look for her. Fortunately, I saw her sulking at the swings. We usually play in the swings back at Japan. "Yui", I called out and sat the swing beside her. She wiped her eyes and smiled at me. "What brought you here? You should be enjoying your time with him", she forced a smile. "You know whats your similarity with Sei-san? Which I really respect", I opened. "Its your lies and your dishonesty", I said. Yui chuckled and tighten her grip on the rope. "Then... how am I suppose to act?", Yui asked. I hope it rains, I can ask her to do what Kyouya did. I looked back to her and she is silently crying. I dont believe in superstitious beliefs but then for once in a lifetime, I did. They say that once your twin sister cries, you heart is also broken. Yui's not my twin but I somehow feel a hole inside my heart sucking in everything. A hand enveloped her. "Yui, its okay. You can cry more", Kyouya-san appeared. I looked behind and saw Sei-san with tissue and water. He still have the brain to do that. "You have to face her. Get angry if you like. Cry as much as you like. Beg her if you want to", Kyouya-san added. Yui stood up and wiped her tears. I always knew that Yui is such a strong person. That's why I am so proud of her. She grabbed the bottle of water from Sei-san and also blowed his nose. "Oy, arent you my boyfriend? Why are you just standing there?", Yui crossed her arms. Sei-san shook his head and gave her a pat on the shoulders.

After a while, we went inside a room. There were a lot of paintings. There was one calligraphy that caught my eyes. I also saw it before at Mom's collection. A woman is sitting on her bed looking outside the window. Her black hair reminds me when Yui havent yet dyed her hair. Kyouya-san and Yui are still outside talking. "Erina's daughter?", the woman looked at me. She looks like... Yui. I was unable to move. "You see, Erina loved to create calligraphy back in high school. I asked the one behind you as a gift", she smiled. Why is she in a hospice? I know she was sick but then I didnt expect this coming. She reached out her hands. I went to sit beside her. "You're really beautiful", she cupped my face. "Stars in the rain?", I asked. "Have you ever seen a star in the rain?", she asked. "Im afraid I never did", I answered. "I did. I hope you also see one", she kept smiling. "Did you see Dad already?", I asked. "Yes, we walked at the garden a while ago", she answered. What is this? Why dont I feel hatred even if she's already in front of me?

Yui entered. I stepped back.

She knelt down and bowed very low. "Mom. Cant you undergo another surgery?!!!", she begged. Kauro-san looked outside the window again. "Why did you run away a while ago? Yui?", she asked. "Sorry. Sorry. I was so scared that I did", Yui answered. "I forgive you", Kauro-san looked at her and smiled. Yui stood up and crumpled the blanket. "Mom, why? Why did you chose to be here?", Yui asked. "I'm already in pain. Sorry for lying Yui. I told you I am already healed but then it appeared that I cant be healed", Kauro-san ran her fingers on Yui's hair. "Yui, sorry that you have a coward Mom. But you see. Everyday, I always wanted to contact you and call you here but I cant. I know you will be angry", Kauro-san explained. Yui burrowed her face on the blanket. "Mom, are you really happy here? Are you really contented to be here?", Yui asked. "Can I have one request?", Kauro-san looked at me. "Can you ask your Mom to come and visit me here? In that case, I can die happily. I also want to apologize properly to her", Kauro-san smiled. I wiped my tears and nodded. "Yui, your mom is such a stupid, isnt she? I can see you made such great friends. Whatever happens, you have to be strong, hmmm", Kauro-san hugged Yui. "There is one more thing I want to teach you", Kauro-san held Yui's hand. "If you really love a person, you should know when to hold tight on them learn to let go of them", Kauro-san said the most painful words I heard during this trip.

Yui stood up and wiped her tears. "Thank you for everything, Mom. I will visit again. Your paintings are amazing", Yui chuckled and pinched her mother's nose. You are really strong, Yui.

I think I already saw a star in the rain, Kauro-san.

I smiled at Kauro-san and our thoughts seems to sync.

Takuma Seishirou's POV

I cant help but also cry. I went outside and saw Nikki-san pulling Dad's collar. I went in between them. "Let me tell you something, Nikki. You will never get the thing that you wants the most. The wind will continue to pass by", Dad said with bitterness in his voice. Nikki-san punched the wall and leaned unto it. We are all scarred from the past. Some people are able to get pass it and some finds it hard.

We spent the night at the hospice. Its so ironic that the place where death is lurking is the most happiest place in the world. Right, when you know its going to end anyways, you're going to enjoy it to the fullest. Kyouya and I went to carry our luggage. "They're really amazing arent they?", Kyouya opened. "Who?", I asked. "Yui and Sayuri", he answered. I nodded. "Seishirou, once the wind stop blowing, promise me that you are going to look for a gem you can hold on. Mind you, gems are really hard to find", Kyouya smiled and patted my back.

I elbowed Kyouya and we wrestled at the grassy plains. "What are you two doing?", Yui and Sayuri asked in unison. "Want to join?", Kyouya invited. No way!!! Sayuri joined and applied her crazy Aikido. Yui just took a photo of us. These days are amazing. We are hurting but we can still smile. Kauro-san, I think I also found my stars in the rain. Even in the downpour, I can clearly see them shinning and glittering.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Why am I also crying?!!!

Unrequited love are really painful, isnt it?