Chapter 16 (*)

Sarang's POV

I stomped my feet as I walked towards the school's garden. My phone has been beeping here and there and I knew it was from Taehyung and Haru. But for now, I just wanted to be alone.

I sat under the largest tree in the garden and took out my novel. Reading books somehow makes me forget everything. My phone was still beeping so I put it into silent mode. I was not in the mood to talk to someone right now.

"What book are you reading?"

I jumped and almost kicked the person standing beside me. I looked up and squint, it was Namjoon. My lips formed into a smile even though I don't have the mood to do it. You know that feeling when you have a crush on someone, whatever and everything he or she do, makes you smile, no matter what.

To my surprise, he sat down on the ground beside me, also with a book on his hand.

"I was searching for a place to read. Then I saw you, so I came here."

"You like reading books?" I asked. I know that he is a genius but I didn't know that he is into books like me.

"Yup. I read books whenever I got the chance. I take it that it's also your favorite thing to do?"

I nodded.

We then read our books but I couldn't focus at all. He was reading his book loudly as if he was reading it to me. And I, of course, got mesmerized just by listening to his voice.

"It sounds like a great book."

"Yes, it is. It is so great that I read it a few times already. Perhaps, you want to borrow it?" he offered me with a charming smile.

I took the book from his hand with a shy smile on my face. Consciously, I tucked my hair behind my ears when he didn't look away from my face.

He then asked me a question that I dreaded the most. Why was I alone?

"Umm.." I hugged my body. "I just..feel alone."

"Where's your friends?"

"Well, they don't have the time for me.." I replied quietly.

Yes, I am sulking, sad and angry because of my friends. I noticed that they have been busy with their new friends and I feel left out.

Taehyung rarely comes home now, he has been hanging out with Hoseok. I didn't know they were this close. Knowing him ever since we were five, I feel jealous of their closeness. I know it sounds selfish, but I just want Taehyung to myself. He's the only brother I could ever have.

The same thing goes with Haru. I knew she went to a movie with Jimin yesterday and I was really hurt when she didn't invite me. We promised to each other to watch Anabelle together.

My eyes teared up. God, I don't want to cry in front of Namjoon.

"You want to go hang out with me?"

I shake my head and smiled. He then got up but stretched his hand towards me.

"I don't take no for an answer."

He took me to the classroom he hangs around all the time. Inside, there was Kim Seokjin, one of his friends, playing the guitar.

"Hey Hyung."

"Hi."

Seokjin looked at me and raised his eyebrows at Namjoon. The latter then introduced me to Seokjin and I bowed to him as he is a year ahead of us.

Namjoon told me to call him Jin but he shakes his head.

"You know only close friends can call me that?"