Chapter 20 || You and Me?

Edited.

After dinner Jungkook was sitting in the infirmary with Katrina, he had refused to leave her side even for a second. The heart monitor moving up and down steadily brought a sense of calmness to him. As long as she was breathing it would be alright.

The dark haired male let out an exhausted sigh and checked the time, it was only five in the morning and he was beyond tired but there was no way he would leave Katrina alone, not in such condition.

Jungkook swiftly turned as he thought he heard faint footsteps but they disappeared as soon as he heard them. He put it down to him hallucinating due to fatigue. His mind was probably just playing tricks on him.

However, it wasn't his mind playing tricks on him because the door to the infirmary creaked open quietly and Jungkook turned around instantly. Jungkook rubbed his bleary eyes to get a better vision. From the short silhouette he knew it could only be one person.

"Arya?" He asked.

He watched as she jumped in fright because she hadn't expected anybody to be in the room.

"Jungkook? Why are you here at this time?" Arya asked as she walked closer into sight.

"Same reason as you," Jungkook replied.

"Couldn't sleep?" She asked.

"Not with her in this state." He replied.

"You're lucky because you're allowed to see her. I'm not, and I've known her for a lot longer than you. She's practically my unnie," Arya whispered in a hushed voice because she was weary that Namjoon would hear her.

She could have sworn that Jungkook shuddered when she said the word Unnie. Arya hadn't even noticed she had said the Korean word because she had spent so much time with the boys.

"I can't imagine what it must feel like for you," Jungkook muttered under his breath.

"Please just promise me that you'll take care of her." Arya whispered.

"You say that like you won't be coming back," Jungkook's tone grew darker causing Arya to shudder involuntary.

"You know exactly what I am talking about, when I meet them I'm not coming back," Arya returned his gaze.

Jungkook grabbed her arm. "How did you figure it out?" He demanded.

"You're always on your computer and the messages stopped for Katrina around the time you fell for her. I wasn't entirely sure but you just confirmed that I'm not wrong," Arya explained.

"You can't tell them." Jungkook raised his voice harshly.

"I won't have to at the GOT7 party after I open the stupid vault I'm going to find my brothers and you're going to guide me to EXO." Arya was stern.

"They're dangerous Arya, much worse than BTS. It's a trap and they won't let your brothers go, even if you hand over yourself," Jungkook warned.

"Don't act like you care. You're probably delighted because it prevents you from needing to hand both Katrina and I over. If you ask me I'm doing you a favour by leaving Katrina behind," She spoke confidently.

"Please don't tell them I swear to god-" Jungkook growled.

"They'll figure it out on their own soon enough Jungkook," Arya interrupted.

"You have to understand Arya, I'm not betraying them. Not really. I just want to go home. And if I get this maybe I can help you escape." He explained.

"You mean your parents were from EXO? You're from EXO?" Arya gasped in shock.

Jungkook nodded solemnly.