"chapter 57- project x"

requested by @tsione_teklu

y/n's pov

today was lydia martin's birthday, which meant she would be throwing her annual birthday bash. i went to lydia's house early to help her set up. i walked in to see the whole pack setting up. i walked up to lydia and hugged her.

"happy birthday." i said with a smile as i handed her, her gift.

"thanks put it on the table, no mason don't put that there." she yelled at the boy as she ran over to him to fix what he was doing.

she was clearly stressed out, i went and placed her gift on the table.

"tsione go pour some chips in bowls." lydia yelled as she tried to fix the banner that mason placed too low over the fire place.

i walked over to the kitchen to pour chips and liam was in there doing the same thing i was told to. i grabbed a bowl and poured chips in it while liam sat there and ate them. liam and i had a long history. he punched me in the face in the seventh grade and broke my nose.

"you know the chips are supposed to go in the bowl and not in your mouth." i said as liam shoved a chip into his mouth.

"shut up." liam said back munching on the chips.

"make me." i yelled back.

then scott walked in to find us arguing.

"tsione why don't you go help mason hang up the lights." scott suggested.

i nodded and headed out of the kitchen and over to mason.

"i can't stand liam." i said as i approached mason.

"i know." mason said with a laugh.

"help me put these lights up." he said and i assisted him.

after hours of decorating it was finally eight and people began to pour into lydia's house.

the music was blasted and alcohol ran through the veins of the hormonal teenagers.

i stood with a group girls from school and drank. then someone quickly pushed by me causing me to spill my drink all over myself. i looked up to see liam and my blood began to boil.

"this is a new record for you dunbar, you've annoyed me almost ten times today. & you owe me money now, this is a brand new top." i yelled rolling my eyes and walking towards the kitchen to find paper towels.

i found the paper towels and began wiping at my shirt. i looked up to see liam. he was digging in his pockets and he pulled out a bunch of coins.

"i don't want your money dunbar." i said pushing past him and walking outside.

liam trailed behind.

"wait." liam yelled to me, i stopped and turned around.

"why do you hate me so much?" he asked.

"i don't hate you, i strongly dislike you." i said correcting him.

"i try so hard to make up for what i did, but nothing works. i just want you to like me." he said defeated.

i looked down at the ground in shame. all liam wanted was to make up for what he did in middle school and i wouldn't forgive him. truth is i had always had a little crush on him.

"you can make it up to me if you take me on a date." i said with a smile.

"okay yeah." he said stunned.

i walked up to him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"see you later dunbar." i said as i walked up the street towards my house.

_________________________
i hope you like it❤️