46

Jack POV

"Jack, Jack!" I was being shaken. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Corbyn was leaning over my face yelling. I squinted and sat up. We were all sitting in the waiting room at the hospital still. Everything looked fine, it didn't look like anything had happened. Did I dream all of that? Was she still alive?

Jonah noticed my confusion and asked me if I was alright. I asked him when Grayson was coming out. "Her doctor should be here soon, he said he'd come and get us whenever we could take her home"

"Is she okay?"

"What do you mean is she okay? She broke her leg Jack" Zach said and I felt relief. I was so glad all of that was just a dream. I couldn't bare losing her. "Yeah yeah I know Zach, I just had a crazy dream and I thought it was real" Right as I said that, her doctor came walking out. We all immediately got up and walked up to him. He explained the whole situation to us.

She wouldn't be able to play soccer anymore. She probably wouldn't be able to dance anymore either. The part that broke would be easily broken again if she fell the wrong way or did anything extremely difficult on her legs, like soccer.

They said they would bring her out in a few minutes and we all waited. She came out in a wheelchair and she looked crushed. The doctor came back and explained that she would be on crutches and have a cast for a few months because of the extent of the break. She was softly crying but trying to conceal it. I knew why she was so upset about the crutches. She was really excited for dance tryouts this year.

One of the best dance studios in all of California had told her she could try out. Now she wouldn't be able to and they probably wouldn't give her another chance. It was really hard for her to get the audition in the first place and I could tell her was crushed about losing it.

I walked up to her and she wiped a tear from her face. "I'm sorry Jack"

"It wasn't your fault"

"I should've waited and this wouldn't have happened. You don't have to be here Jack, my mom can drive me home. You could've stayed and studied for your test"

"Grayson London, I love you no matter what stupid things you do and almost kill yourself. I'll always be here. I can study for that test later, you're my number one priority and you always will be. We've almost been dating 6 months and I've known since the day you moved in I would love you. I said it once and I'll say it a million times, I love you Grayson London"

"I love you too Jack" she whispered and smiled. I hugged her and we all started walking to the cars. She said she didn't need any help but we all stood around her to make sure she didn't fall on those crutches.

We all got into two cars and her mom suggested stopping for ice cream. She just kind of shrugged and I knew she was feeling terrible about the whole dance situation. "Mrs black, I think ice cream would be nice" Zach said and I swear he winked at Grayson's mom. Perv.

We got out at the ice cream place and sat at a table. We ordered and she just sat there and played around with her spoon for a while. I knew how upset she was, I just didn't know how to fix it.