Enigma - part 7

// Min Grampy //

Tick, tick, tick.

Jungkook grits his teeth at the sound of the clocking ticking. They've been at it for almost two hours now and the silent tension in the room was getting on his nerves. His brain was physically wiped out from all the complicated math formulae crammed in his ears. Even his ears felt like falling off after hearing Namjoon clicking his tongue for the hundredth time at another mistake he did.

Internally, Jungkook whines to himself. Oh, how he hated Math with all his life. While Namjoon was stabbing the book with his pen, his eyes wander over to the clock on the wall.

"Kook, this problem requires to ex-"

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

"I'm done!" Jungkook wailed out as he flung his arms in the air.

His sudden outburst caused his older friend to jump back in his seat, the flailing arms almost knocking his glasses off. Namjoon rolls his eyes as he packs up the books. By the end of the first hour, he could already feel the kid losing focus, fidgeting every millisecond. A bubble of chatter got him to revert his attention to the opened door. In came Jin and Hoseok sucked in their deep conversation.

Jin looks up only to find that two of the members were present for their meeting. "Where's the rest?" he asked with a disappointed frown.

Namjoon shrugs with a sigh. It wasn't easy to wrangle their group for an impromptu meeting. They'd each be off running their less-than-important errands, leaving only Hoseok and Namjoon to entertain Jin's nagging.

"What about Yoongi?" Jin asked Jungkook. "I need to pass him a scripted announcement about the survey in the magazine. I feel like it's better if he makes it sound hyped up and trendy through his radio station."

To that, Jungkook pinches his fingers together and brings it to his lips, imitating a joint. "Buzzed," he says as he clicks his tongues.

The elder one lets out an exasperated sigh as he grumbles about how Yoongi was never committed into their group activities. Out of everyone else, Yoongi was definitely the number one culprit when it came to absence; with Jungkook coming in second. As if on time, the youngest boy heaves his backpack and runs for the door.

"Hey! Where are you going?! We haven't even started the meeting!"

"Lacrosse practice!" he yells as he pounds down the hallway without looking back.

"For fuck's sake!" Jin bellowed to no one in general. "Are none of you interested in trying to save this club?!"

Hoseok calmly takes a seat, making sure not to make a sound as he drags the chair. Whenever Jin is angry, there's nothing you can do other than to keep quiet and offer a listening ear to his upcoming rants. Lucky for him, Namjoon was there comforting the red-faced guy. While Jin was busy spewing his rage to Namjoon, Hoseok discreetly pulled out his phone and texted his buzzed out friend.