Enigma - part 8

// A Whole New World //

"Faster!"

Their gleeful screams and shout carried out to the crashing waves of the ocean as they drove through the twisted road that wrapped around the mountain. Taehyung steps on the accelerator as his heart drums on his chest. The adrenaline in him soared to drive at such a speed. It was even more thrilling to see the open sea to his right while his two friends raised their hands, letting the wind take them away.

"Fuck you!" Taehyung yelled with his middle finger up as a car roared past them. He bellowed out a laugh after seeing the flash of an offended old lady.

Feeling the salty wind breeze through their hair and slipping past their fingers made them feel invincible. The three friends let out wails of incomprehensible words as the car raced down the narrow road. It felt like they were on the edge, flying away from their cruddy life. It was freedom to them.

"Fuck everyone!" the three of them screamed their lungs out, letting out their stress.

People on the outside, looking in, only saw the three boys as bratty, snobby, arrogant rich pricks that were doted by their parents and lived off a 24k gold spoon. They weren't wrong about those facts but they always assumed that just because these boys were loaded with money, meant that they didn't go through misery just like everyone else. Having millions in your bank account didn't do anything to nurse their personal struggles. It made even worse if they were being honest. They had a reputation to uphold, respect to earn from friends and pride to dig from their parents.

Money was a burden at times.

"Mr Kim! We're so happy to accommodate you for today," the pretty salesperson working at the Gucci store greeted them. "Ah, it's so nice to see you too Mr Jung. We haven't seen you for ages!"

Taehyung and Hoseok went up to greet the employees dressed in crisp uniform like they were long time friends. Meanwhile, Jimin stood rooted at the entrance. He glanced around, drinking everything in; the marble floor, the gold accents and the angelic displays. It was all new to him. Never in his life did he once ever dreamed of shopping in such a store. Like every other average teenage boy, he bought his clothes from Topman or H&M, and even then he'd look out for the sales rack.

"We've got the private room set up for you," the store manager smiled widely at Taehyung.

"Private room?" Jimin asked Hoseok in a hushed voice after waddling over to the taller boy. He watched Hoseok rifle through the rack of button up shirts while he hugged his own figure, afraid to touch anything.

"Yeah, Tae's a regular customer here. They practically call him Gucci's adopted son. He usually spends hours on end in here so they always have a private changing room prepared," he explained to the boy.