It's Just Rivalry

A/N: Fuck that took a while to update the last chapter *cries in shame*. Sorrweee! But this finaly chapter is pretty long so I hope that makes up for it?? ><

 Sorrweee! But this finaly chapter is pretty long so I hope that makes up for it?? ><

// Chapter 3 (Finale) - 3 Pranks, 3 Days //

"I already hate them."

From opposite the table, Jungkook scoffs at his comment, shaking his head. "You barely know them."

Hearing his comment, Taehyung looks at the younger boy dubiously with raised brows. Of all the people sitting in the ice cream parlour, he least expected Jungkook to be the one that challenged his statement. "You're kidding. Look at them, they're more or less an open book of diabetic romance. How can you not hate them?"

Jungkook was busy flipping the menu in his fingers, grumbling incoherent complaints before he raises his head. He had his lips pursed as he looks at Taehyung with eyes that held something deeper than just pure curiosity.

"Is this something you do often?" he asks. "Hate on people just by initial assessments?"

It was a question that caught Taehyung off guard - especially not from Jungkook. The boy was being uncharacteristically moral about judging people and it was starting to get him squirming in his seat.

"What's it to you?" Taehyung queries warily as he leans back in his seat.

The younger boy merely shrugs with a small chuckle. "Just that you did it to me the second you saw me. Quite an impression you made that day."

His eyes scour Jungkook's face and take in the look he gave him - glum with a twitch of a smile. It had Taehyung weirdly perplexed. Was he trying to say that he actually felt sad Taehyung hated him?

"I-I didn't hate you the second I saw you," Taehyung stutters, trying to defend himself. "I hated you because you insulted me first. You started it."

Stupid, Taehyung thought as he slaps himself in his conscience. He hadn't meant to sound accusatory, he was only trying to justify why he even hated him in the first place. Unfortunately, Taehyung has just dug a hole for his grave, because it only got Jungkook riled up. The boy's sad eyes immediately flashed with anger as they flicked up from the menu.

"And you just assumed that's who I was?" Jungkook suddenly snapped, startling Taehyung. "You barely needed another look at the second page of the book to stamp an "I hate you" mark on me."

Taehyung's starting to think that this conversation doesn't have anything to do with the pastel couple anymore and that it meant something more to Jungkook. The boy's outburst rendered him speechless as he tries to grasp what was happening. Their casual conversation had escalated so quickly. Thankfully, Jimin came in just in time to take their order. He wouldn't have known what to say to salvage this dysfunctional relationship they have going on.