Chapter 10

Roy walked into the Med bay to see Jason already trying to find pliers around the room. He looked at the first table and spotted exactly what he needed. Roy leaned against the door frame, folding his arms.

"Pliers are on the table, Jason. If you calmed down enough you would have seen them." Roy said.

Jason just let his breath out and leaned against a table he was searching on. "Am I wrong about Kayla? Did she betray Dick?" Jason asked.

Roy pushed away from the wall and walked towards him, grabbing the Pliers on the way. "I think we should leave and find them by ourselves. Maybe then we can find the answer to those questions." He said, handing him the pliers.

Jason sighed. "Yeah, maybe." He said, taking the pliers from him. He lowered them to his thigh and took off the wrapped clothe, before putting the pliers right on it, and pulled, not even breaking into a scream. He dropped the arrow head and the pliers, before wrapping it up in gauze.

"You aren't planning on taking off your pants to sew it properly or anything?" Roy asked.

"No. I don't have time for that." Jason hissed out.

Roy rolled his eyes. "If it gets infected, you wont be able to help out Dick." He said in a condescending tone.

Jason sent a glare his way that read for him: 'shut the fuck up.'

Roy raised his hands in the air and admitted surrender. Thats when Batman walked into the med bay, seeing the both of them staring at each other.

"We need to talk." He demanded in a scruffy voice.

Jason nodded silently, agreeing. "We have to bring the brats too. I think we should have a team meeting!" He said in a sarcastic voice that slightly irked the brooding bat.

  "I would like to talk to Jason alone." Batman said, his eyes never leaving Jason's.

  Roy shook his head awkwardly, before slowly oozing out of the room and into the hallway. A moment of silence passed, before words were spoken.

  "I know what you will say, and I do not need the lecture from you, Old man." Jason finally said, folding his arms as he leaned against the counter.

  Batman just stood there.

  Jason knew this tactic and instead played the game as well. He stayed silent and waited for Bruce to break the silence.

  Neither of them budged for what felt like hours, until Jason finally broke the intense atmosphere.  "Fine, you win at the patience game. Can I leave now?"

  "What happened while you guys were on the run for months?" Bruce asked.

  "He speaks." Jason shouts sarcastically, throwing a glare his way.

  "Tell me." Bruce urged.

  Jason chuckled. "You wanna know? Fine. He was finally starting to be like his old self. I never knew him three years ago when he was thirteen, but the stories matched how he was acting when he was away from the mountain. He was calm, collected, and not a ball of angst." Jason explained. "He was adjusting well, until you guys ruined it. You couldn't let it stay like that? You couldn't accept the fact that he was finally starting to feel like his old self again, could you?" Jason asked.

  Bruce narrowed his eyes. "I never meant for any of this. If you followed simple orders, we wouldn't be in this mess. Him getting captured was on you, Jason."

  Jason chuckled. "Yeah? We wouldn't, because you know why?" Jason kicked off the counter and walked over to Bruce, his glare matching Bruce's perfectly. "Because if I followed "simple orders," Dick would most likely be dead from self inflicted wounds." He walked past Bruce and towards the door. He paused to glance over his shoulder. "Think on that while you blame me for Dick's recapture."

  With that, his footsteps decayed down the hall, until only Bruce was left in the bay with the only sound coming from the air conditioning. After a few more minutes, he decided it was time and exited the room, going into the main room of the mountain.

  Jason and Roy were huddled in the corner, far away from the others. Bruce looked at the young justice and saw them sending daggers towards the pair that huddled together. Bruce shook his head.

  "Debriefing room. Now. Everyone." Bruce shouted, before making his way to the room.

  Jason and Roy followed reluctantly while the others followed willingly to the room. When they all settled in, Bruce cleared his throat.

  "Finding and helping Dick is top priority, but it is not our only one. We need to help the cities, while we look for him. We will not neglect our duties as heroes, but we will not neglect him." Bruce said. "The firat thing we are going to do, is try to find Kayla. Jason believes she was blackmailed and the only way to help Dick is to find her. Once you do, bring her in."

  Jason and Roy exchanged a look before everyone was dismissed.

  Jason and Roy knew exactly where they would find Kayla, and when no one was paying attention, both of them slipped out of the mountain and drove away on their motorcycles. They were unaware of a certain speedster tracking behind them very closely as they made their way to their suspicion.

  A/N: Hey guys! I know its been a while since I uploaded but I was in Vegas and I am  training for a team lead at my job  i also hurt my knee pretty badly. xD anywho. Sorry for the short book and dont worry, in the next few chapters things will start picking up :) LOVE YOU BATLINGS!!!