Chapter 25

When Dick awoke, he groaned, his ribs and face feeling thumping and burned. He wanted to go back to sleep in order to not feel the pain he was feeling right at that moment.

"Pst! Dick, you awake?" He heard a very familiar voice, suddenly all the pain wasn't even an issue as he shot up from where he was currently lying at the sound of that voice.

"Wally? Is that you?" He whispered, his voice coming out cracked and strained.

"Oh man, it is good to hear your voice!" Wally shouted.

"What... where are we? How can you be here? What happened?" He asked, trying to remember exactly what happened.

"Well, we were trying to find you and when we did, you were on the ground with blood in the snow, so Jason lost his cool and jumped down to you. Soon everyone joined, but he is quite skilled, the only one who had a chance was Jason. But he held us off." Wally gulped. "So we came up with a plan. The others retreated, leaving Jason and I to fight so we could bait him into taking us. We got knocked out after a good five minutes of fighting. He took the bait cause when we awoke we were inside cages." Wally finished.

Dick couldn't help with how happy he felt, being able to hear his friends voice. He was ecstatic in fact. But it still lingered, he said Jason was here as well, but Dick doesn't remember hearing his voice. He scrambled to the cage bars, gripping them tight.

"You said Jason was here... is he okay?" Dick asked.

"I... I don't know. He was hurt pretty bad even before we came looking for you and that fight with Deathstroke wasn't easier on him either." Wally explained.

"What do you mean he was injured?" Dick asked.

"We went to a facility that Kayla pointed us to, but when we got there it was a bomb. Jason was hurt pretty badly." Wally explained.

"The bomb..." Divk was trying to place where he remembered that conversation. After a moment of searching, he paled. "He told me you guys didn't make it. But I knew better. After the serums and experiments I knew."

He could tell that peaked Wally' s interest because he scooted towards him and Dick could barely make out a very blurry blob of yellow through the semi working eye.

"Experiment?" Wally asked.

Dick sighed, turning around so he could lean against the cage, folding his knees to his chest. "He put me through simulations to break my mind, to try to turn to the darkness. I think I went through 70... maybe 80 simulations, at first they were the same test, but once it got to the later ones, I think he lost his patience and started to show me different ones. At first they were just like dreams, ones I wanted to be real so badly. But others were loving nightmares." Divk paused, chuckling for a second at the thought of the one with Wally and him.

"Why are you chuckling?" Wally asked.

Dick fiddled with his hands, feeling himself flush, hoping it was dark. "I am chuckling because in one of the simulations we actually get married in one." Dick said.

Wally nearly fainted after hearing That. "What? Married?"

"It was just a simulation... But after that came the worst one. The one that said it could be the most likely to happen." He said. "It was when I-" they were interrupted by a loud metal creak of a door swinging opened. Dick couldn't quite make out who it was, getting mixed vibes from the intruder.

"Jason?!" Wally squeaked, slamming against the cage. That made Dick perk up and he could finally single out Jason's presence.

He heard heavy panting, the door of a cage speak open and a loud thud following after. He heard heavy footsteps making their way to Dick's cage. But they shifted to the one next to him.