My Shot

[A/N: I tried to draw Alessia, pls tell me what you think cuz I'm not really satisfied with the outcome]

"Burr the revolution's imminent, what do you stall for?" Laurens asked as he approached the table a little, crossing his arms. He shot Alessia a short glance — which was longer than he probably intended to because damn — before focusing his gaze on Burr, a little disappointed that he hadn't joined them.

"If you stand for nothing Burr, what do you fall for?" Alexander now chimed in and under her breath Alessia just muttered "I swear to God, Alex."

Alexander went over to his new group of friends. Just the look in his eyes told Alessia that he found a group of people he could belong to.

The brunette sighed as she turned her attention to the drink in her hands, trying to ignore the song they began to sing.

"Is he always like this?", Aaron asked, pulling Alessia out of her thoughts. She looked up at him and replied "Be a little more precise, please." Aaron chuckled softly and said "This ... enthusiastic."

Alessia grinned and nodded "Yeah, sadly, he is. He's very passionate about the things he does. And just by looking at him now I know that these guys over there," she gestured over to the three men she now knew as Laurens, Lafayette and Mulligan "and Alex will become good friends. They've got the same fire about them as Alex has."

She watched her brother get more into the song, more and more passionate with every verse he dropped. She took a sip of her drink once more and returned her gaze to Aaron, who held a compassionate look in his eyes.

"What?", Alessia raised an eyebrow, frowning slightly at that look he gave her.

"You're sad. Happy, but sad," Aaron stated as a matter of fact, which made Alessia sigh and nod slowly "I guess you're right."

"Care to share why?", Aaron questioned, watching her carefully. Alessia thought for a moment, before she decided it wouldn't hurt to open up to someone at least a little.

"It's just strange to see Alex go on on his own. When our mother died I practically replaced her and raised him. It wasn't for long, she died when he was twelve and I fourteen, but I still took over her place. I'm just worried that Alex might end up being a danger to himself one day with that passion and enthusiasm of his."

A voice singing "I am not throwing away my shot," neared and a second later a hand took hers and pulled her to her feet, twirling her around. Why? She didn't want to be pulled into this.

As she was pulled back in, an arm wrapped around her waist and she was met with the smirk of the freckled man. "It's time to take a shot!", he sang along with his friends and twirled her around once more.

"I dream of life without a monarchy. The unrest in France will lead to 'onarchy? 'Onarchy? How you say, how you say, 'anarchy?' When I fight, I make the other side panicky with my shot!", the french man spoke, raising a glass at the last words of his, along with Mulligan and Alex, while Laurens pulled Alessia over to their table and handed her a shot glass.

"Yo, I'm a tailor's apprentice and I got y'all knuckleheads in loco parentis. I'm joining the rebellion cuz I know it's my chance to socially advance, instead of sewin' some pants! I'm gonna take a shot!", Mulligan continued, the four of them once again taking a shot, Alessia sitting down in the meanwhile, watching with a slight hint of amusement.

"But we'll never be truly free, until those in bondage have the same rights as you and me. You and I. Do or die. Wait till I sally in on a stallion with the first black battalion! Have another shot!", Laurens now spoke, grinning at Alessia for a moment before turning his attention to Alexander.

"Geniuses, lower your voices, you keep out of trouble and you double your choices. I'm with you, but the situation is fraught, you've got to be carefully taught: If you talk, you're gonna get shot!", Aaron now chimed in, looking at all of them with a warning hint in his eyes — except for Alessia, he knew she couldn't do anything about this situation as she had just been pulled into it.

"Burr check what we got!", Alex now began and wrapped an arm around Aaron's shoulders, before pointing at Lafayette "Mister Lafayette, hard rock like Lancelot," then he pointed at Mulligan "I think your pants look hot," before finally pointing at Laurens "Laurens I like you a lot."

"Let's hatch a plot blacker than the kettle callin' the pot... What are the odds the gods would put us all in one spot?", Alex continued, taking his arm from Aaron and now wrapped it around Alessia, pulling her into a side hug "Poppin' a squat on conventional wisdom, like it or not, a bunch of revolutionary manumission abolitionists? Give me a position, show me where the ammunition is!"

Suddenly he paused and took a step back, as if he wanted to hide behind Alessia now. Alessia tried her best to hold back a laugh, this was the Alexander she knew and loved.

"Oh, am I talkin' too loud? Sometimes I get over excited, shoot off at the mouth. I never had a group of friends before, I promise that I'll make y'all proud," Alex spoke, a little awkward now. Alessia smiled a little at her brothers sudden attitude change. He surely had an interesting character.

"Let's get this guy in front of a crowd!", Laurens practically cheered and together with Lafayette and Mulligan, he dragged Alexander outside where they continued to sing.

Alessia heard Aaron sigh and fall into a chair beside her, so she turned her head towards him and tilted her head slightly. "I swear, someday these guys will be the cause of their own downfall," Aaron stated, to which Alessia giggled and shrugged "At least they're able to get their thoughts trough. I can tell just by looking at them. One day they'll do great things, but they'll also might end up being their own doom. You never know."

"Wise words for a lady like you," Aaron stated, taking a sip of his drink. Alessia chuckled and raised an eyebrow "Now what's that supposed to mean?"

"Most women who end up living independent are likely to freak out. But you on the other hand, you're quite the philosopher as it seems to me, and you don't seem to bother with worrying thoughts other women have," Aaron replied, which made her smile. "I'm just good at saying what's on my mind, that's all. I'm independent, yes, and I may sound like quite a philosopher, but that's only for my advantage in my passion."

"And what may your passion be?", Aaron asked curiously, leaning a bit forward.

"That, my dear Aaron, is for me to know and for you to find out. Thank you for the drink," Alessia smiled and got to her feet, shouldering her bag and leaving the man behind just like that. She figured that Alex and her would find each other rather quick, as they had alike thinking minds and the same interests.

And currently her interests were pulling her towards a small podium on which a man stood. The podium was big enough though to give the man a chance to overlook the crowd that slowly began to gather around him.

"Hear ye! Hear ye!", the man shouted, full of glee and enthusiasm.

"My name is Samuel Seabury and I present 'Free Thoughts on the Proceedings of the Continental Congress'!"