One Night

[ I shall give you a gift before shit goes down. You'll need tissues for the next chapter, maybe - Lexi ]

"You're lying, Thomas. You are holding back..." "And what if I were?"

Alessia thought for a moment, trying to think of something rational and find a good and proper answer, but she failed. And so she simply replied "Don't."

Alessia awoke the next morning in the most comfortable bed she's ever laid on. The sunlight was creeping through the curtains, indicating that it was most likely late in the morning.

She sat up, rubbing her eyes and stifling a yawn, as she stretched her back, hearing a small crack as one of the vertebrae seemed to pop into place.

A finger trailed up her back, slowly and carefully, which sent a shiver down her spine. Seconds later the man beside her sat up and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his chest. He placed a kiss against her shoulder, before he greeted her "Good mornin' sweetheart."

Alessia could swear she stopped breathing for a moment. She knew morning voices of some men were hot, Johns was more than anything, but his...damn.

"I hope you don't regret our night," Thomas purred and Alessia could just her the smirk in his voice, as he then began to trail kisses up her shoulder to her neck. Alessia blushed at his tone.

"Even if I did, I doubt I'd tell you. Probably would rather end up running out and spreading word that Thomas Jefferson forced himself onto his enemy's sister," Alessia replied, closing her eyes as Thomas began to nibble on a spot where he'd already left a hickey last night.

He chuckled softly and muttered "I doubt you regret it, first off, since your still here in my arms and don't seem like you intend on moving somewhere, secondly, you gotta admit, this was probably the best sex you've ever had."

"I had better before," Alessia snorted, gasping as Thomas bit down on the sensitive part of her skin just beneath her earlobe. Seems like he'll just leave another hickey there. She'd at least be able to cover that one up with her hair. She had no idea how to cover up those on her collarbone, for example.

Alessia turned her head slightly so she could look at him, only to be met by his floof. She nuzzled her face into his hair a little, letting Thomas' hands roam up and down her sides, letting him enjoy her company for a while longer, before she'd have to leave.

After he finally detached his lips from her neck, Thomas took a good look at what he did, before beginning to smirk and saying "I think I marked you enough for today." "Can't wait to see you cover up this one here," Alessia smirked back, tapping a spot on his jawline where a hickey was slightly visible. Not much, but if someone took their time and a close look, they'd notice.

Thomas frowned and quickly got to his feet, heading towards a mirror and taking a look at that certain spot. Alessia watched in amusement as he stared at the spot, probably trying to remember when he got that one.

As Thomas continued to stare and wonder, Alessia got to her feet and began to get dressed. She was about to tie the corset, when Thomas spoke up "Let me help you."

He came over and Alessia turned her back towards him, appreciating the help. As he pulled it tighter, he continuously asked if she was okay. His concern in that moment was quite adorable. When he was done, she turned to him and pecked his cheek "Thank you for your help."

"I don't understand how women can wear those things, let alone breathe in them," Thomas stated as he also began to get dressed.

"You just get used to them after a certain amount of time," Alessia replied and shrugged, standing by the door. Thomas pulled his dress shirt on, thinking of a response, before he began to grin. He wrapped an arm around Alessias waist and pulled her close "I prefer that thing on the floor anyways, alongside you're dress and other clothes you're wearing."

Alessia scoffed and rolled her eyes, slapping his arm. Thomas chuckled and pulled her in for a sweet, passionate kiss. She felt his hands slithering towards her back towards the laces of the corset, but she pulled away from the kiss and slapped his hands back just before he could open the laces. "I have to go."

Alessia opened the door to the hallway and nearly jumped back into the room as she was met by James Madison. James' eyes widened at the sight of Alessia coming out of Thomas' bedroom, Thomas following after her, the latter not even fully dressed yet.

"James, what're you doing here?", Thomas asked, the first of the three to find their composure back.

"Sally let me in, we have a meeting, remember?", James said, to which Thomas groaned and mumbled "Shit. I totally forgot. Give me a minute," and with that he disappeared into his room again. So now Alessia and James stood awkwardly in the hallway.

"I-I should get going, anyways. Good day, Mr Madison," Alessia curtsied shortly. "Good day to you too, Mrs Laurens," James nodded, before Alessia passed him and quickly headed down the stairs, so she could get away from here as quick as possible. She hoped Alexander wouldn't have noticed her absence.

As soon as Alessia arrived at home, she was met by silence. Good thing Eliza and the kids were gone, because she knew she wouldn't have gotten this past Eliza.

Alessia almost made it to her room, when she heard her brother call down the hallway "Where were you last night?"

Alessia froze and tried to think of a reasonable excuse, but soon had to realize that she didn't have one. She took a deep breath, before turning to face her brother and smiling softly at him "It's nothing to worry about, Alex."

As he approached her, his speculating gaze turned into a frown and a few larger steps later he stood before her and pushed her hair aside, glancing at the hickeys spread across the sides of her neck and the few at her collarbones.

"Who did this?", he asked, glancing up to meet her eyes once, then focusing his gaze onto the hickeys once more.

"That is none of your business, brother dearest," Alessia said and pushed his hand away, going to grab the doorknob, but Alexanders hand was faster and he grabbed the doorknob, preventing her from entering her room.

"Was it Jefferson?"