The Election of 1800

Sally's next words made Alessias blood run cold.

"Your daughter, Frances, she committed suicide."

"Good morning, my dear. I hope you've been doing alright. Alessandra is growing into a silent child already. It's quite unusual. Thomas and I have quite loud personalities, then she's ending up silent."

Alessia smiled.

"It's been hard for me, you know? I've grown so accustomed to you joining me every afternoon and talking to me. Occasionally with Philip by your side, sometimes even Richard. He sometimes joins me, he's quite the good guy. Other than what I thought when he tagged along."

Alessia fidgeted with her hands and looked down at them, closing her eyes. She didn't stop smiling.

"Did you meet John yet? I don't know if you did. But he is the most charming guy I've ever met. You have his freckles and his curly hair. You even have his smile."

Alessia ignored the small tear that rolled down her cheek and dripped to the ground.

"Say hi to your dad for me...will you?"

Her hands started to shake.

"Even though you've seen Thomas as your dad for had of your life, you definitely would've loved your real father. I love him."

A shaky laugh escaped her lips.

"Wow. I can't believe I actually said that. After over twenty years...old habits never leave you, huh?"

Another tear joined the first one on the ground.

"I love you, sweetheart. I hope you can love John too. He needs the love and attention, just like you did. Give him a chance, dear, okay? I love you."

Finally, violent sobs began to shake her and she dropped to her knees, her hands gripping onto the fabric of her dress tightly as the tears turned into waterfalls and her sobs were the only thing that disturbed the silence.

The deadly silence of the graveyard.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around her and pulled her into their chest.

Maria held Alessia close to her as she brushed a hand over her hair, trying to calm her as good as she could. The two of them had become so inseparable, it's unbelievable, really.

Alessia sobbed into Marias shoulder as her tears slowly died down. She was grateful that Maria joined her on her visit to her daughter's grave. Thomas sadly couldn't have made it because of his campaign for the presidential race.

Maria said nothing, letting the two of them indulge the silence.

Finally Alessia managed to calm down the sobs that were raking through her body and began to calmly breathe.

Maria helped Alessia to stand, taking her hand and laying her free one on her back to support her. Alessia pressed her lips to a small line, not looking at Frances' grave, before she turned around with Maria and the two of them began to make their way into town.

Today was the day where everything was to be decided. Either it would be President Thomas Jefferson and First Lady Alessia Jefferson, or it would be President Aaron Burr and possibly his daughter would take the job of First Lady.

Alessia wanted to take the time and talk to her daughter before things would possibly get far too busy for her and her family. Especially with Alessandra, things were different.

"How about we head to the hall already? Or do you want to go home first?", Maria asked, but Alessia shook her head "Let's head to the hall already. I want to be there when they announce the results."

Maria nodded and so the two of them made their way to into the city. Sally was watching over little Alessandra for the day, so Alessia didn't have to go home just now.

When they arrived, the crowd was big, but they managed to somehow make way for the two women.

Thomas was pacing up and down, but when he saw Alessias figure head towards them, his expression lit up and he quickly rushed over to his wife, embracing her tightly and pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

Alessia wrapped her arms around Thomas' middle and nuzzled her face into the soft fabric of his coat.

"How are you, my love?", Alessia softly asked and Thomas sighed "I'm so anxious about this, you wouldn't believe me if I tried to explain."

Alessia managed a soft chuckle and looked up at him and pressed a loving kiss to his lips, before she whispered "Don't worry, okay? I'm sure you made it."

Suddenly James came running towards them. Thomas and Alessia turned their attention to him and Thomas quickly asked "What is it?"

"The results are out!", James yelled towards them and came to a stop before them, panting heavily, before coughing into his handkerchief.

Alessias eyes widened and she grabbed the piece of paper, scanning the paper quickly. Thomas looked at her worriedly and asked "And?"

"It's a tie...", Alessia whispered in disbelief and looked up at her husband with still widened eyes.

James nodded and said "It's up to the delegates."

And suddenly a blank looked replaced Thomas' and James' looks as they stared at each other and muttered "It's up to Hamilton..."

Realization slowly dawned on Alessia and she felt her heart ache. Alexander was still mourning his son's death, trying to make up with Eliza, and now they expect him to vote.

But in the end, the votes don't matter. Whatever Alexander says is going to decide this election.

Alessia felt someone take her hands in theirs. Looking up, it was Maria, giving her an encouraging smile.

"I'm sure your brother will make the correct decision," Maria said and squeezed Alessias hands. Even though Burr helped Maria through her divorce, she supported Jefferson. maybe it was solely because she and Alessia were like sisters by now.

The crow silenced all of a sudden and everyones eyes turned to the source. Alexander had just come into the gigantic room.

You could say that hell broke loose when Alexander announced "Jefferson has my vote."

Alessia let out a relieved sigh and hugged Maria tightly, before she hugged Thomas even ti (JUST GOTTA SAY DEAR THEODOSIA REPRISE SUDDENLY CAME ON AND I AM SO SHOOK I WAS NOT PREPARED) ghter and kissed him passionately, the two of them smiling brightly in success.

"I have never agreed with Jefferson once," Alexander sighed and gave Thomas a conflicted glance as he and Alessia were hugging each other tightly "We may have fought on many different fronts."

Alessia held Thomas' hands tightly as she turned to look at her brother with a broad, and thankful, smile.

"When all is said and all is done, Jefferson has beliefs while Burr has none."

Alessia looked up at her husband and said softly "You won!"

Thomas smiled down at her and brushed a strand of her hair out of her face "I did. I love you so damn much!"

And once more their lips engaged in a fiery and passionate kiss.

(sorry for the sudden insert I know good writers don't do that but I don't care I was too shook and I won't change that because you shall all know that even I can be shook (yes that is possible). just when you thought Hamilton doesn't make you cry anymore it comes like a fucking truck and slams you into the pavement of endless suffering)