Stay Alive - Reprise

Wait.

And then a shot rang through the air, sending a shiver down her spine.

"Let me in for gods sake!", Alessia yelled at the doctor.

Her heart was racing and she had a hard time breathing right now. Philip had been shot by Eacker – just like she'd predicted. And she was at the hospital, asking to be let in to Philip.

"Ma'am, you need to calm down," a nurse said and Alessia laughed sarcastically "Calm down? My nephew is dying and currently it seems like I'm the only family member here for him! Now, let me see my nephew!"

Tears were burning in Alessias eyes. The nurse hesitated, before she sighed and stepped aside, letting Alessia into Philips room.

Quickly Alessia shoved past the nurse and ran over to Philips side. He looked so horrible. It hurt her to see him like this. Even though she was angry that he just ignored her like that when she'd begged him not to do it, she couldn't stand seeing him like this now. She was scared for him.

She took his hand in hers, squeezing it gently and brushing her thumb over the back of it. She carefully sat on the edge of his bed, looking down on him and fighting back the tears.

Slowly Philip opened his eyes, which had been shut closed moments earlier, and looked over at his aunt. When he recognized her familiar features, a sad smile began to form on his lips. "Auntie...I'm so sorry for ignoring what you told me," he said.

Alessia shook her head and whispered "Shh, no, forget that now Philip. Save your strength." She gently brushed a hand over his hair.

A tear rolled down Philips cheek. One tear was enough to tip Alessia over too.

Quickly she laid her hand on his cheek and brushed the tear away, saying softly "Don't cry."

"I'm so, so sorry. I'm just leaving Frances behind like that," Philip sobbed, more tears escaping the corners of his eyes now. Tears were already running down Alessias face like waterfalls.

"No, you're not leaving her behind. You're going to survive this, trust me, believe me, Philip. You will survive this. And even though Frances will hate you at first for hurting her, she'll eventually forgive you," Alessia said.

Philip smiled a little and looked up at the ceiling "She can't resist my charm." Alessia let out a weak chuckle "No, she can't. She loves you more than anything, you've been the closest to a sibling she can ever have."

Philip turned his gaze back to Alessia and a wave of sadness took him over as he said "Lessi, im so sorry. I've ignored you when you tried to do me good."

Alessia let out a sob as Philip called her by the name he's always called her when he was just a small child. Lessi. Because Alessia or auntie had been too hard for him, too complicated.

"It's okay, Philip. You've learned out of your mistake. Now please, ju-", Alessia gasped suddenly, interrupting what she was about to say. A certain pain tore through her abdomen. Her eyes widened. No. Not now.

"Lessi?", Philip asked and slowly his smile faded. Alessia took a deep breath. Then, she shook her head and smiled at Philip, and as she was about to say something, another wave of pain shot through her. This was followed by something wet flowing down her legs.

Her eyes widened and she whispered "Dear God, not now," before she let out a pained groan and laid a hand on her stomach. Inwardly she was cursing her child for picking the moment where her nephew needed her most.

Things then went by so fast. She hadn't noticed how a nurse had come in, just to check on Philip, but then noticed Alessia, who was obviously going into labor. The nurse called for another one, before the two helped Alessia stand and brought her into another room.

By the time that she was laid down on the bed, the pain forced a yell out of her. Nurses were rushing around, someone grabbed her hand, many voices talking quickly.

The pain seemed unbearable, but soon slowly subsided. But, as she knew from Frances' birth, this was only the beginning.

The hand that had held hers in the beginning left and was replaced by another hand. She knew who it was almost instantly. She didn't need to open her eyes.

A hand brushed over her hair and she felt a pair of lips pressing themselves to her forehead, before an all too familiar voice rang through her ears "I'm here, darling, don't worry now. We'll go through this together."

Alessia relaxed a little and managed a weak smile. She felt tears come to her eyes. Thomas was here. He would witness his child being born. He was here.

The fact that Thomas was present just meant so unbelievably much to her. John hadn't been there because of the war. He hadn't been able to see his daughter. But Thomas will be able to see his child being born.

Minutes turned into hours and soon, cries of an infant finally filled the room and Alessia relaxed, calming down immediately. She barely opened her eyes to watch as a nurse quickly cleaned the baby and then wrapped it in a thick, tiny blanket, heading over to Thomas who stood there, smiling excitedly.

The nurse told him something as she handed over the baby, but Alessia was too exhausted to hear. She watched as Thomas held the bundle of joy in his arms, so carefully, as if he was scared he might drop it.

Slowly he approached her, smiling at his wife. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gently handed Alessia their baby, saying "It's a girl."

Alessia smiled brightly as she gazed down at their daughter. Little Alessandra was silent as she stared from Alessia to Thomas and back with wide eyes. Alessia gently pressed a kiss to her daughter's forehead and then kissed Thomas lovingly, before turning her attention back to her daughter.

"I love you, both of you, my lovely ladies," Thomas whispered and smiled at his wife and daughter.

"We love you, too," Alessia smiled up at him, then turned her attention back to their daughter.

A scream rang through the hall.

[ hello I'm alive and I'm sorry for the pain that's now going to fill the story...

no I'm not ]