Wedding

"Since when are you playing matchmaker?", John asked, to which Alessia giggled and said "I'm just returning the favor."

John grinned at that and kissed the top of her head "You're too adorable."

Alessia blushed at that and asked "Why didn't you tell me that you were coming back though? I felt so bad coming here, I would enjoy myself while you would have to fight in the war. You should've told me."

John smirked "I'm not sorry."

"I figured you aren't," Alessia replied and laughed softly, looking up at John with a bright smile resting on her lips.

"Alessia, there's something I've been meaning to ask you," John began, suddenly becoming more serious. Alessia frowned and said "Okay?" She had no clue, obviously, what he wanted to ask.

By now she noticed that the music had stopped playing and that they slowly grabbed everyone's attention in the room, especially when John got down on one knee in front of her.

"In comparison to you, Alessia, I am not a man of many words. So I'll keep this quite simple and blunt, as you've got to know and learned to love me. Would you do me the honor and marry me?", John asked, now holding a small box in his hands which contained a silver ring.

Alessia smiled brightly at his short yet unbelievably sweet proposal. Yes, she's gotten to know him as a blunt person and she loved him for that. So of course there's only one answer she had for him now.

"Yes!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd as John carefully slipped the ring on her finger and got back on his feet, pulling Alessia close to him and kissing her passionately. The orchestra began to play once more. The people went back to dancing while those who stood close to the freshly engaged couple went to them to congratulate them.

Alessia was tackled in a hug by Alexander, the siblings laughing at this. "Congratulations Al!", Alexander cheered, before he let go and went on to congratulate John.

The next person who congratulated her was Hercules, who also hugged her and picked her up while doing so. "My small babies, off to start their own family. I'm so proud!", he said with a fake sniffle, making Alessia and the gang laugh. Mama Herc is in the house.

Next up was Lafayette, also hugging and congratulating her. After him was Aaron, who smiled at Alessia and said "Congratulations to your engagement, Alessia. You've made a good choice." Alessia chuckled and replied "I know, thank you Aaron."

Suddenly she was nearly tackled in a hug by Peggy. The youngest Schuyler sister had already gotten quite attached to Alessia as it seemed, making named woman and Peggy's sisters laugh.

"Congratulations!", Peggy squealed, squeezing her tightly. Eliza and Angelica joined the hug, so it became a quite comfortable group hug. "Thank you!", Alessia smiled and after she was released, she made her way to her fiancés side, taking his hand in hers. He was currently conversing with his gang, when another person joined them all.

"General Washington!", John exclaimed, a little surprised with his appearance. He smiled at the freshly engaged couple and said "Congratulations Lieutenant Colonel, Miss Hamilton."

"Thank you, sir," Alessia smiled and curtsied a little. Shortly after, the general went along and left Alessia and John with their friends.

"So, when's the wedding?", Hercules asked curiously, he seemed like he had an urgent question to ask.

"I don't know what John prefers but I'd like it to be in June," Alessia said "Why do you ask?"

"CanIbetheflowergirl?", Hercules blurted out so fast that nobody actually understood what he wanted.

John frowned but nevertheless grinned as he asked "Can you repeat that in a language that we all speak?" The others laughed at that, so Herc repeated "Can I be the flower girl?"

Alessia began to laugh but nevertheless nodded "Of course!" Hercules began to grin widely and pumped his fists in the air "YES!"

Alessia and John shared a look that just said This will be interesting.

time skip to June

Alessia paced up and down, she was nervous, she couldn't do this, but she wanted to!

"Al, relax, you'll be fine, everything's going to be fine!", Alexander said, taking Alessias hands and finally getting her to stand still. Alessia glanced at him, a little worried, and asked "Are you sure?"

"Of course I am! Now, they're waiting for us, let's go," Alexander said and held out his arm for her to take. As she then took his arm, he motioned for Hercules to go ahead. And so it began.

As Alessia walked down the aisle together with her brother, she couldn't help but stare at John. Sure, she always had the time to do so but today was just...special. And he couldn't stop staring at Alessia.

When she arrived at his side, Alexander kissed her cheek before he handed her over to John and went to take his seat next to Eliza. Peggy was Alessias bridesmaid, she'd decided to take only one person, and Peggy was the one she grew closest to.

Alessia could swear she saw tears in Johns eyes as he took her hand and mouthed "You're beautiful."

As the priest began to speak, she tried to listen. But in the end, her whole focus laid on John. She couldn't believe the fact that she actually was getting married. She never really thought about it until he first proposed the idea and now that she stood here with him, it seemed like a dream, too good to be true.

"I, John Laurens, promise to protect you, to love and cherish you, to support you in good and in bad times, and promise to be not just your husband but also your best friend. I promise to do whatever it takes to make you happy, no matter the situation."

Alessia took a deep breath, a little insecure about this now, as she was nervous about messing up, but she could care less.

"I, Alessia Hamilton, promise to love and cherish you, to support you in good and in bad times, and promise to not only be your wife but also your best friend. I promise to do whatever it takes to make you happy, no matter the situation."

As they exchanged the rings, Alessia noticed how her hands were shaking in excitement. John squeezed her hands gently to calm her down a little and it worked wonders. He always knew how to calm her down, which was surprising to her.

"Hereby I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

John didn't need the priest to tell him that as he almost instantly pulled Alessia close and kissed her passionately. Alessia wrapped her arms around Johns neck and kissed him back with just as much passion.

The guests cheered as the now married couple kissed and Alessia could swear she could hear Hercules cry. Alexander was the loudest, as he was probably the proudest of them all.

"I love you, Mr Laurens," Alessia whispered as soon as they broke apart.

"I love you, too, Mrs Laurens."