From Finding Happiness...

"I'm afraid I have to decline this offer, fair man, as I don't see any reason for me to move in with you just yet," Alessia replied. "What a shame. But maybe the fair man shall start giving his lady some reasons as to why she should consider staying here," Thomas said, his voice getting lower with every word until it was barely a whisper.

"By all means, don't let me stop you," Alessia whispered softly, before their lips connected into a passionate kiss.

Alessia was back at the Hamilton estate. It's been a couple of years now since her dispute with Alexander and since her relationship with Thomas began. Alexander still didn't talked to her because of it, he didn't even look at her whenever he should come out of his room.

Thomas had offered her to come along with him and James to the next cabinet meeting the current day, with Alexander, but she declined as she had decided to spend some time with her daughter, who was now sixteen. Thomas had found quite a liking to Frances and Alessia would have lied if she said it hadn't been the same the other way around. Frances had been very suspicious upon meeting him for the first time, she was ten back then, but as soon as he had left, Frances burst out how she liked him, before she blushed and ran away to play with Philip. As if she was embarrassed to admit it.

Frances and Philip had become more and more inseparable over the summer at the Schuyler's upstate. Alessia was glad that Frances arranged herself with being an only child but accepted the Hamiltons as her family as well.

It hurt Alessia a little to see how much more Frances has accepted Eliza and her family as her own. Of course, she herself was to blame, due to her depression after Johns death. She let Frances down and was the most disappointing mother she could ever be.

The Hamiltons – with the exception of Alexander, who was at his meeting –  Alessia and Frances were in the living room. Philip played the piano and Frances the violin. Angelica sang a song, while Alexander Jr, James and John played with each other. Alessia and Eliza sat in the back of the room and talked.

"Eliza, there's something I wanted to talk to you about," Alessia began, carefully, as she watched her daughter play the violin with such a passion that reminded Alessia of herself when she was writing.

"If you start like that it sounds like something that I might not like," Eliza chuckled softly. Alessia joined into the small laughter they shared, before she said "Well, that's the point. I don't know if you'll like it or not."

"What is it?", Eliza asked curiously and raised an eyebrow at her. Alessia pressed her lips to a thin line – a natural habit of hers when she was thinking of how to tell someone some news.

Suddenly Eliza gasped, grabbed her hands and whispered"Are you pregnant?" Alessias eyes shot up and she blushed a deep crimson out of embarrassment, quickly shaking her head "What? No!"

Eliza let out a relieved sigh before saying "That's good. I hope you still are someone who waits until marriage with that...wait a minute...are you...?"

"Frances, dear, don't you think it's time?", Thomas asked with a gentle smile. Alessia and Frances were visiting Thomas and currently they were in the gardens. Frances had proudly presented to them a new piece on the violin she had recently learned, to which the couple had applauded her.

Frances nodded with a grin, before rushing inside.

"Okay, now I'm worried. What is going on? What do you mean with 'don't you think it's time'? Where is Frances off to?" Alessia asked with a frown, glancing from Thomas, to the door which Frances had just disappeared through, and back. Thomas chuckled softly and got to his feet. He took Alessias hands and pulled her up as well.

Alessia frowned a little. Thomas intertwined their fingers and led her inside, leading her to the giant party room he recently had built to expand the house.

In said room was Frances waiting for them, standing with the few musically talented slaves that Thomas owned. In total, three violinists, Frances included, a pianist and a cellist. Thomas gave them a nod and they began playing a soft melody.

Thomas took a step back and held out his hand towards her, bowing a little "May I have this dance?" Alessia took his hand and curtsied "With pleasure."

Thomas pulled her close to him, wrapping an arm around her waist as she laid her free hand on his shoulder. The two of them gracefully danced through the room, the beautiful melody leading them. The song ended with everyone silencing down, except Frances, she kept on playing a far softer tune now, giving the room a lovely atmosphere.

Thomas bowed once more in front of Alessia, her returning the favor with a curtsy, before Thomas then took both her hands in his.

"You, my dear, are the finest woman I've ever laid my eyes on. And I would love to do nothing more than spend the rest of our days together. I...admit I didn't really think through what I wanted to say," Thomas chuckled nervously, to which Alessia let out a soft laugh and squeezed his hands reassuringly.

"You've never been good at thinking charming words through. But, don't mind me, go ahead, hit me with all the spontaneity you've got," Alessia grinned, making Thomas laugh in return.

"Marry me," Thomas then said, his usual smug smirk on his lips, getting down on one knee and pulling out a small box out of the pocket of his coat. Alessia smiled brightly and replied "With pleasure."

Thomas slipped the ring on her finger and got to his feet, kissing her with a passion she never thought she'd witnessed before. As soon as they parted for air, they were nearly tackled in a hug by Frances.

"You two plotted against me!", Alessia suddenly gasped and stared at Frances and Thomas in disbelief. Frances smiled innocently and Thomas just laughed "Yeah, but admit it, you loved it." Alessia grinned and replied "Yeah, I did."

While Frances went home, keeping their secret, Alessia spent her night with Thomas.

Alessia blushed slightly but smiled awkwardly.

"You're engaged!", Eliza squealed in joy and hugged her tightly, the other woman giggling at her sister-in-laws reaction. The children paused at Eliza's sudden outburst, but judging from Alessias facial expression, Frances knew what that meant.

"I hope I'll be the flower girl!", Frances grinned, to which she earned confused gazes from the other kids, until Philips eyes lit up and he yelled "Aunt Alessia is getting married!"

Immediately she was tackled by kids who yelled to be the flower kid.

And now, you have three guesses as to who walked in just that moment and was anything but happy about it.