Fight

"That is none of your business, brother dearest," Alessia said and pushed his hand away, going to grab the doorknob, but Alexanders hand was faster and he grabbed the doorknob, preventing her from entering her room.

"Was it Jefferson?" ,he suddenly asked, making her eyes widen and freeze. He was right.

Alexander let out a frustrated groan and stepped away, running his hands through his hair before turning back to her and asking "How could you?"

"It was just one night, Alexander," Alessia said and frowned a little, but Alexander yelled "How could you sleep with the man I hate the most? How could you sleep with my enemy?"

This took her quite aback. Never before had he raised his voice at her. And it took her everything not to follow his example.

"Why do you bother? And even if I did sleep with Thomas, even if I did many times more, it shouldn't be your problem, this is my private life, not yours," Alessia replied as calm as she could.

"You're on first name basis even?! Alessia, how could you do this? He is against me, he is against you, he is against everything we do! How could you be so blind and jump into bed with him?", Alexander yelled, his voice even louder than before.

"He isn't against me, Alexander! And he isn't even your enemy! The only enemy you have is yourself!", Alessia finally yelled back. Now this took Alexander aback.

Tears stood in Alessias eyes as she continued "All these years I raised you to be a proper man, who respects women and who fights for what he wants! Never once did I have to raise my voice against you! But I've had it, Alexander, you're becoming more and more self absorbed and selfish and put work in front of everything else! This is not what I raised you to do!"

"Well you didn't raise me, mom was the one who did!"

"Well mom is dead!", Alessia screamed, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I've raised you since you were twelve! I've did anything I could, I stole, worked, I did anything to secure at least you a future!" By now it took Alessia everything to not break down sobbing.

"Alessia...", Alexander spoke up quietly, but Alessia shook her head and replied in a normal tone now "John told me to move on. I still love him, more than anything in this world. But if he told me to do what makes me happy, then I'll do it. And if it's Thomas, then it's Thomas."

"John wouldn't want you to love someone as disgusting and annoying and ignorant like Jefferson," Alexander said, a disappointed glance in his eyes. Alessia scoffed and said "It's my life Alexander. If I'm happy, John is too."

Alexander pressed his lips to a thin line, thinking, before he said "You can't see him again. I won't allow it."

"You can't tell me what to do or don't, Alexander. I'm the older one here, I tell myself what to do, not you. And if you're going to go on like this, then I'll go," with that, Alessia pushed the door open and headed inside, grabbing a bag from under her bed, throwing it onto the bed.

"Alessia, no, you can't this. Where will you stay? You have nowhere to go!", Alexander said, rushing in and grabbing her hands, trying to prevent her from grabbing clothes from her closet and throwing them into her back. Alessia yanked her hands away and shot back coldly "I have Thomas."

She pushed herself past him and opened her closet, grabbing a few dresses and shoving them into her bag. "Alessia, please, let us talk about this!", Alexander pleaded, but she only ignored him.

Alessia grabbed another few things dear, throwing them into her bag and closing it.

"Alessia, I won't let you leave! You can't leave! You have nowhere, not even Thomas! You were just his one night stand, don't you get it? He used you and he'll try to get under my skin with it, he'll want me to suffer under the fact that he even managed to seduce my sister! You can't possibly stoop so low onto that bastards level, Alessia. It'll make you nothing less than some random whore who-"

Slap.

For the first time in her life, Alessia had raised her hand against her brother. She never had thought she'd ever do something like this, after all, she loved her brother more than anything in this world, he was her only family and knew her like no other.

Alexander stared at her in disbelief, trying to process what just happened. He was shocked. He never thought Alessia would actually raise her hand against him, but now that moment had come and Alexander had no clue of what to do.

"Don't call me a whore," Alessia hissed, more and more tears rolling down her cheeks. She hated herself. She had sworn herself to never raise a hand towards her brother but she did. And she probably would never forgive herself for that.

Alexander slowly came to the realization that he had crossed the line and sorrow became evident in his eyes. He reached out to her, wanting to hug her, but she pushed him away roughly and said "I'm leaving. I'll consider coming back when Eliza returns."

Alessia grabbed her bag and rushed out of the room and towards the entrance. Alexander stayed back in her room, dumbstruck. He hated himself for having crossed the line and having gone far too far this time. What was he thinking, calling his sister a whore like that? He was simply stupid.

When Alessia arrived at Thomas' mansion, the tears were slowly drying. The door was opened by a beautiful dark skinned woman, who Alessia had noticed on her way out earlier that day.

"How may I help you Miss?", she asked, to which Alessia asked "Is Thomas home?" The woman shook her head but then stepped aside and said "Please, come in."

Alessia smiled a little and nodded thankfully, stepping inside. "I believe Thomas won't mind me staying over for a few days," Alessia said softly, before turning towards the woman and saying "I'm sorry, I'm Alessia Laurens."

The woman smiled a little and said "My master speaks highly of you. I sure think he won't mind you staying over, Miss Laurens. Let me take you to a spare room." And so she led her upstairs towards a guest room right opposite of Thomas'.

"May I know your name?", Alessia asked as she placed her bag beside the bed, taking a short look around. It looked a little different to Thomas' room.

"My name is Sally," the woman, Sally, replied.

"It's nice to meet you, Sally," Alessia smiled, before adding "When you're around me, there's no need to be obedient though. I dislike the thought of slaves, I think everyone should be equal. And that's how I'll treat you, as an equal. Meaning, you can address me as just Alessia."

Sally slowly looked up to meet her eyes and began to smile a little more than before "It's nice to meet a woman like you, Alessia."