Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

"They ask of you to take your time...I'm going home now, Al, okay? I'm going ho..."

The last syllables died down. And they were replaced with Alessias scream.

Thomas and James had to help Alessia walk to get to the funeral of her brother. They both held an arm of her to support her. After her brothers death, she had lost all strength.

For once, she felt lonely.

The two men helped her to the front in the church, to where the casket laid. To where Alexander laid. Eliza sat in the front row, sobbing into Angelicas shoulder. Angelica looked like she wanted to cry, too, but had sworn herself to stay strong for her sister.

When the three of them reached the casket, Alessia mumbled a soft, barely audible "Thank you," to which the two men carefully, if reluctantly, let go of her and took a few steps back, giving Alessia some space as she said her last goodbyes to her brother.

Alessia stood by the casket, cautiously holding onto the wooden frame, and stared down at her younger brother. He may as well just lay in there and be asleep. Alessia didn't say a thing. She just stood there in silence, looking at her brother, until the tears came into place to blur her sight.

Alessia took a shaky breath, before she leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to his cold forehead. "I love you, Alex. Say hi to my family. I'll see you on the other side," she whispered, standing straight again and turning around to her husband and his best friend.

The moment Thomas saw his wife on the verge of breaking down once more, he rushed over and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him and whispering calming words, slowly pulling her over to the side and taking a seat.

Alessia sat there beside him, a helpless, crying mess, leaning into Thomas. She had her husband at her side, but still she felt lonely. Empty.

It took Alessia some while to breathe properly again. By then, those invited had begun to whisper.

Alessia looked up to see why. Her gaze passed Eliza, who had a shocked look on her face as she stared in the direction of the entrance. So Alessia turned her attention towards the entrance. And while Eliza was shocked, anger began to bubble up deep inside of Alessia as she saw who stood there.

Aaron Burr.

As she stood up shakily, she was ignorant to Thomas' questions. Slowly, Alessia made her way towards the man who had unexpectedly shown up. The man who had murdered her brother.

Aaron just watched as the older Hamilton sibling begun to approach him, her pace slowly but surely quickening.

When she finally reached the taller male, she grabbed him by his collar and hissed "What the hell gives you the right to show up here?"

Aaron lowered his gaze, he couldn't possibly meet her eyes.

"I am pretty sure that I did not invite you and this is not a public funeral. No public is wanted. Especially not the murderer of my brother," Alessia snarled and there was such an amount of poison in her voice, Aaron ended up wincing.

"I'm sorry, Alessia...", Aaron finally spoke up, meeting her gaze now. Her eyes showed disbelief.

The silence between the two of them seemed unbearable, until,

"Sorry?"

Her voice was barely a whisper, Aaron had to strain himself a little so he could understand what she had said.

"You're sorry?", Alessia asked, her voice slowly raising to a normal volume "You say you're sorry for murdering my brother?"

Aaron opened his mouth to respond, but Alessia beat him to it "A sorry is going to fix nothing! You have no right to be here, or to apologize, or anything else!"

Aaron looked taken aback at how she snapped into his face, before he was violently shoved back by her, her voice ringing through the church as she yelled "You murdered my brother! Now leave before I murder you!"

Aaron stared at the woman with wide eyes. Behind her, Thomas came running up to them, his words going under as Alessia shoved Aaron once more and yelled "Leave!"

She almost choked on her own words, tears streaming down her cheeks again. Thomas quickly came to a stop before her, wrapping his arms around the frail woman and pulling her into his chest, preventing her from looking at the man she now hated more than anything in this world.

Aaron remained still for a moment longer, before he turned away and left the church.

The only sound that filled the church for now, was the sobbing of Alessia and the whispers of Thomas in an attempt to calm his wife.

Alessia outlived all of her friends.

Angelica died ten years after Alexander. Thomas died twenty-two years after Alexander. Maria passed two years after Thomas. Many years later, in 1854, Eliza left Alessia.

Alessandra proceeded to gift Alessia five grandchildren, of which Alessia witnessed two to give her great-grandchildren. And one of those great-grandchildren blessed Alessia with a great-great-grandchild. So to say, Alessia watched her family grow.

Two days before Alessia would've turned 100 years of age, she finally felt ready to join the part of her family that has already left her, peacefully passing on in her sleep.

Alessia Hamilton Laurens Jefferson was by then the woman who had seen it all. Everywhere her name was known. And when her death was announced, it spread like a wildfire throughout the entire country of the United States of America.

Alessia Hamilton Laurens Jefferson was honored for many things in her lifetime, the greatest of her successes being her fight against slavery, with the help of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton and the second born daughter of Alessia, Alessandra Jefferson-Madison.

Alessia is remembered for her generosity towards the slaves and the misunderstood, such as Maria Reynolds, for one.

She is one of the big influences of Alexander Hamilton, alongside his wife Eliza.

Alessia lives on.

She lived long enough to pass on the story.

And she did it throughout all those years in the only way she possibly could do it best.

She wrote it all down. She wrote her way out.

FIN

Special thanks goes out to:

voidyukimara

Cassifer394

ANDPAGGY

Frackingprizza

andalexander

for the support throughout this entire story from the beginning until the end. I love you guys. All my other fans that I have not mentioned, my thanks goes out to all of you as well, to every single person who voted and commented and read my story.

I have a special planned. Stay tuned for the next update. Until then, my lovely readers. I hope you enjoyed We'll Write Our Way Out.

Yours,

Alexandra