Time

After a short while of silence Alessia finally asked "Would you like to meet your daughter?"

"Is that even in question?"

Alessia walked by Johns side, arm in arm, as John used his other side to steady himself with his crutch. He had fractured his ankle and it was slowly recovering. She was curious to find out why he was alive, since she'd been delivered his belongings and the declaration of his death. But that would be a story for another time.

For now, the married couple enjoyed the presence of their significant other in silence, as they made their way to the Hamilton estate. It didn't take them long to arrive. Alexander opened the door and called "Eliza, we're back!"

Alessia motioned for John to stay in the hallway as she quickly went to the living room to get their daughter. Frances was one and a half, her curls becoming more obvious with every day passing. They had a hint of auburn in their dark color, so Alessia was a little relieved that their daughter had earned something from her appearance as well and wasn't just a copy of John in female.

Alessia picked Frances up and said "Frances, there's someone I want you to meet." She went to the doorway and called into the hallway "Are you ready?" "As ready as I'll ever be! Bring on the cuteness!", John shouted excitedly, Alessia could hear the smile in his voice.

Alessia set Frances onto her feet and held her small hand, walking into the hallway with her. First Alessias dress hid Frances, but when she turned to let Frances go the rest of the way on her own, John let out a noise as he was met by the most precious child he's ever seen.

John knelt down as Frances made her way towards him, the little girl a little confused. "That's your dad Frances," Alessia softly spoke, making her daughter pause and turn to er for a moment, before turning back to the man and asking "D-dada?"

John nodded and smiled brightly, opening his arms as Frances came closer and closer. Th little girl stopped before him and stared into his face, before she threw her hands up in the air and cheered "Dada!"

John laughed as he picked her up and hugged her close, Frances holding onto his hair. Tears were shimmering in his eyes as he couldn't believe that this little kid in his arms was his and Alessias beautiful daughter.

Eliza and Philip came into the hallway now, Alexander heading over to them and wrapping his arms around his family, kissing the top of Eliza's head. The three of them watched as Alessia now approached John and their daughter.

Alessia knelt down beside her husband, smiling brightly as a small tear rolled down her cheek. "May I introduce you to Frances Eleanor Laurens, the most adorable little girl in the whole wide world?", Alessia said softly, quickly brushing her tear away.

John smiled brightly at her, smiling brighter than the sun, before he leaned over and kissed her lovingly. He was so thankful that he was given another chance by the heavens and that he got to meet his beautiful daughter and wife.

John wrapped his free arm around Alessia and pulled her close, the three of them now sitting on the ground and hugging tightly. The family was finally reunited.

And that's where the dream ends.

Alessias head shot up as she heard her brother call her name. She stood in the doorframe leading from the living room to the hallway, staring at the spot she always sees in her dreams. She imagined what it would really be like to find out that John was alive and how he would really react to meeting their daughter.

Alessia had moved into the house of the Hamiltons about four years ago, having given the Laurens house up. She couldn't live there much longer, especially with her inability to pay the rent, now that John was gone. Life carried on. Slowly and painfully, but it carried on.

Frances was now four and a half years old and reminded Alessia more and more of John with every passing day. There were days when, as much as it hurts to say, she couldn't look at her daughter, as the memories of her husband were too painful.

"Alessia?", Alexander said once more, finally pulling her attention to him. He sighed lowly and pulled her into a tight embrace. They stood like that in silence for a while until Alexander whispered "You'll move on someday."

Alessia only nodded and kissed Alexanders cheek, before letting go and giving him a weak, yet very unconvincing smile "I know."

She looked at her daughter playing with Philip and Angelica Jr, the three of them getting along great, treating each other as if they were siblings.

"Do you have everything packed?", Eliza asked, approaching the Hamilton siblings and glancing at Alessia worriedly. Alessia nodded and smiled softly "Thank you for taking care of her...I don't know how long I'll be gone but I'll be back soon. I just...", Alessia glanced at Frances shortly before continuing "I need this time off."

"We understand fully, Alessia. Take as much time as you need. But promise to write us, okay? Otherwise we'll have to come over with our clan and will probably end up dragging you back over here," Eliza said and smiled sadly at Alessia.

Alessia chuckled softly and replied "Don't worry, I'll write." A knock was heard on the door, signaling that the carriage arrived. Eliza hurried to open the door as Alessia went over to the children.

"Frances, dear, you've got to be strong now," Alessia softly said, taking Frances hands in hers. "Mama will be gone for a while now, I'll leave you with my brother and his family. But I'll be back soon, I promise."

Frances stared at her with big eyes but smiled and nodded "Okay mama. I love you!" She hugged Alessia tight, Alessia returning the embrace. She knew Frances would be a little oblivious but she was glad about it. Otherwise this would've been harder than it already is.

The duo parted and Alessia kissed her forehead goodbye, as she got to her feet and headed to the door. Alexander had already brought her trunk to the carriage. Alessia hugged Eliza tightly, whispering "Promise me you'll keep a good eye on her?" "I promise. I'll miss you," Eliza replied and Alessia nodded with a sad smile "Don't worry, I'll be back. And I'll write."

After they parted, Alessia went over to her brother and hugged him tight as well. Their embrace lasted a little longer, as this was the second time they parted for an unknown amount of time.

Alessia had to pull away finally, kissing Alexanders cheek and smiling softly at him, before she turned towards Lafayette. She greeted him with a hug.

"Are you ready?", he asked her softly, still a little hesitant about taking her with him to France. Alessia nodded and replied "As ready as I'll ever be."

And with that said, she glanced at the Hamilton estate one last time, before stepping into the carriage.

[ lowkey joking with john being alive. I couldn't handle the thought of killing him twice so I changed the gameplay a lil. Pls don't kill me for playing with you like that :') – Lexi ]