Anger

Just in that moment Alexander came back. "Alessia, lets go home," he said, seeming a little pissed off.

That said, she just turned around and headed to her brother, leaving a dumbfounded Thomas behind.

Its been a couple of months since the first cabinet meeting. Eliza and the children had gone upstate with Angelica to go to their father and since Frances was practically inseparable from the Hamilton kids, Alessia allowed her to join them.

Alessia had just published a new essay collection against slavery. A collection of essays that she and John wrote. She published it with the names A. Hamilton and J. Laurens.

But everyone who looked at it knew that the essays written by A. Hamilton weren't from Alexander. That was neither his handwriting nor his writing style. So of course it didn't take long for people to figure out that Alessia had to be the one behind this.

And it didn't take long before the discussions began.

Alessia noticed as she walked down the streets. Nobody knew her face, so gladly nobody recognized her, but everyone talked.

"Have you read this essay collection Hamilton published? How come he suddenly concentrates on that when he has so many other things to worry about?" "No, that's not him. It's his sister, she has a completely different writing style when you compare it with his." "A woman? Writing against slavery?"

The last one was what she heard the most. Of course they were astonished. A woman of all people was writing against slavery. You don't see something like that every day.

"Well hello there darlin'," a voice pulled her out of her thoughts and she was met with an arm around her waist. Alessia let out a low and mildly annoyed sigh "Don't call me that."

"I must say, I'm quite surprised. To think that someone as innocent as you writes against such a big theme. It's astonishing, really," Thomas said, continuing in his way and now just pulling her along.

"So what? Did it make you change your mind?", Alessia scoffed. She disliked this guy greatly. Who the hell does he think he is?

"How about you join me for a cup of tea and we can discuss this then?", he said more than asked, so she didn't really have much of a choice, as he still pulled her along, his grip tight around her waist.

As they arrived at his house, Alessia didn't look around to take in the decorations and furniture and what not. She looked out for how many slaves he had with him. As she didn't find any on the first look, she turned to Thomas and fake gasped "Oh my, don't tell me you did change your mind? You got rid of your slaves?"

Thomas frowned a little, but before he could speak, Alessia shook her head and said "No, you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't let your mistresses run off." Apparently that was the last straw.

Thomas' frown turned into a glare and he approached Alessia menacingly, slamming his fist into the wall just beside her head. Alessia winced and gasped, this time for real.

Their faces were only inches apart and the anger in Thomas' eyes was as clear as day to Alessia. Thomas had to lean down a little so they were on eye level.

"Don't you dare speak of them that way," he hissed dangerously low. If Alessia wasn't slightly scared of him right now, she probably would've considered that hot.

"Well if I'm not allowed to address them like that, then what shall I use? Harlots?", Alessia shot back, not even thinking right now. That's a side-effect of being a woman with many words — in situations in which she was scared or angry, her mind had the incredibly convenient ability to shut down.

"Or would you prefer whore? Or rather prostitu–", she was cut off.

By his lips.

Now this had taken the weirdest and most unexpected turn. She pissed him off and he kissed her to shut her up. As much as she wanted to deny it though, she couldn't help the fact that she slightly enjoyed it.

The kiss didn't last long. When Thomas pulled away, he stared down into her blue orbs. "I've never hit proper women before, no matter how much they seemed to scream for it. Just because you can't control your tongue, doesn't mean I'll start," he growled, before he pushed himself off the wall and walked down the hall into a room.

Alessia stood there, petrified. The burning anger in his eyes scared her more than anything before. Hell, it probably scared her more than the thought she had at Alexanders and Johns departure years back, where she thought of the possibility of them not returning. This man was not a man to be joked with. She knew that now.

It took Alessia a while to come back to her senses, before she finally followed Thomas into the room he had left for earlier. It was a living room and Thomas stood by the window.

"I do hope you understand what'll happen if you disobey me once more," Thomas cold voice cut through the silence of the room.

Alessia laughed at that "Thomas do you really think you'll get through with this for long? I could've gone and told the whole world you forced yourself onto me. And I know a few people who'd make you a few heads shorter for that."

"And yet, you didn't," he spoke, turning around to face her, slowly stalking towards her. "I still could," Alessia replied and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"But you wouldn't," Thomas stated, now circling her before coming to a stop behind her.

"How could you know?", Alessia asked, her voice a little lower than before. She didn't know why she lowered her voice. The tension in the room slowly grew.

Thomas slowly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. Alessia turned out of his grasp, but in return he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his chest.

"I just do," Thomas mumbled. He could see in her eyes how she tried to process all of what was going on in the moment. And he could see a hint of fear in her eyes.

"Are you scared of me?", he asked softly, to which she slowly shook her head and said "No."

"Don't lie to me," Thomas said, a low growl in his voice as he spoke, his other hand gripping a little tighter onto her waist.

"Why are you doing this to me?", Alessia spoke up after a short silence. Her voice was shaking slightly.

"Because you're doing things to me that I don't want you to, Alessia. And now I'm simply not holding back on doing what I desired for some time now," Thomas replied

"You're lying, Thomas. You are holding back..." "And what if I were?"

Alessia thought for a moment, trying to think of something rational and find a good and proper answer, but she failed. And so she simply replied "Don't."