Shut Him Down

"Hear ye! Hear ye!", the man shouted, full of glee and enthusiasm.

"My name is Samuel Seabury and I present 'Free Thoughts on the Proceedings of the Continental Congress'!"

Alessia stood close to the front now, the man she now knew as Samuel having her full attention.

"Heed not the rabble who scream revolution, they have not your interest at heart!", Samuel began and just by the tone she could tell that he believed into the words he spoke quite a lot. He wouldn't try to force his opinion on others though, he had a little something about him that just screamed 'Innocent'.

"Chaos and bloodshed are not a solution, don't let them lead you astray," Samuel continued, as Alessia made her way directly to the front, now standing in front of the podium and in front of him. She smiled at him approvingly, and as he caught her glance, he seemed to get a little more fiery.

"This Congress does not speak for me. They're playing a dangerous game." As Samuel continued on, Alessia found a small box beside the podium, on which she then stepped so she could get onto the podium. "I pray the king shows you his mercy!" For shame, for shame."

It's wrecking time.

Alessia cleared her throat, her hands behind her back and a sweet smile on her face as she said " He'd have you all unravel at the sound of screams but the revolution is comin'. The have-nots are gonna win this."

As she spoke, Samuels look of passion was replaced with a look of confusion, he was clearly irritated as to why she now fired back at him — especially as a woman. So, he naturally repeated what he had announced just earlier, trying to be louder than Alessia, which proved itself to be quite difficult as Alessia had quite a strong voice.

"They have not your interest at heart!" Alessia interrupted him "It's hard to listen to you with a straight face," a grin tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Chaos and bloodshed already haunt us, honestly you shouldn't even talk. And what about Boston? Look at the cost, n' all that we've lost n' you talk about Congress?!"

With every word Alessia spoke she got more and more passionate. And, as she was about to continue, she noticed that she wasn't alone anymore to look down on Seabury — despite the fact that he was taller than her by a bit.

"My dog speaks more eloquently!", Alexander chimed in and in the background Alessia saw Mulligan who, in all honesty, whined like a dog, which earned a few chuckles from the crowd.

"They're playing a dangerous game!", Seabury said, taking a step back at the sudden appearance of Alexander, only to bump into Alessia, who gave him a little nudge to push him more into the back to the Hamiltons had their space on the podium.

And just in that moment, realization began to dawn on Seabury that, whoever those two people were, he was screwed.

"But strangely, your mange is the same," Alexander said with a smirk, his hands on his hips and an eyebrow raised at Seabury.

"I pray the king shows you his mercy," Samuel said, trying to regain his posture as he looked down on the Hamilton siblings.

Alessia let out a fake gasp and asked "Is he in Jersey?"

"For shame!", Samuel yelled, looking at Alessia with a hint of shock in his eyes, as if she had just insulted the king.

"For the revolution!", the Hamiltons then yelled, the crowd agreeing almost immediately with them and joining in their shouts.

"For shame!", Seabury yelled even louder, trying to put himself back into focus, but Alessia, Alexander and the crowd were just far louder than he alone.

Alessia and Alexander shared a look that said Let's shut him down.

"Heed-" Samuel began, but was interrupted by Alessia "If you repeat yourself again I'm gonna-" "Scream-" He said just as Alessia did, only for him to now be interrupted by Alexander "Honestly, look at me, please don't read!"

"Not your interest-" Seabury tried to speak, but his voice cracked halfway, out of which Alex decided to make a joke "Don't modulate the key then not debate with us."

"Why should a tiny island across the sea regulate the price of tea?", Alessia then called, turning towards the crowd and raising her arms in disbelief as well as questioning, at which she received agreeing shouts from the crowd.

"Alexander, Alessia, please!", a voice came from below, pulling the attention of both Hamiltons down.

Alessia crossed her arms in front of her chest, as if it was a sign of rebellion. She was too into this debate right now, Aaron could do or say whatever he wants; she wouldn't budge.

"Burr, we'd rather be divisive than indecisive, drop the niceties!", Alexander said as he crouched down so Aaron could understand what he said. Though just after that, Alexander was pushed off the podium by a foot and Alessia was shoved roughly, the siblings falling off the podium, voices behind them yelling "Silence!"

A pair of arms caught Alessia before she could hit the ground and she was more than glad to be caught by whoever this person was. She actually preferred being caught than landing on the hard concrete.

As she looked up, she came face to face with John Laurens. Worry was seen in his eyes as he asked "Are you alright?"

Alessia blinked a few times, the adrenaline slowly coming to a rest, before she nodded and flashed a short smile "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you, John, for catching me."

John smiled a little, the worry in his eyes changing into relief "You're welcome. I couldn't possibly let a pretty woman fall when I have the chance to catch her." A slight blush spread on her cheeks as she then got out of his embrace, looking over to the podium to see which idiot had pushed her. And to check if she could peat the crap out of this person. She wasn't violent, by no means, but she could be when she was violently ripped out of things she was passionate about — this debate, for example.

"A message from the king!"

Great. Heralds of the king.

So no beating up of people today.