Why

"I dislike the thought of slaves, I think everyone should be equal. And that's how I'll treat you, as an equal. Meaning, you can address me as just Alessia."

Sally slowly looked up to meet her eyes and began to smile a little more than before "It's nice to meet a woman like you, Alessia."

"Alessia? What gives me the honor to see you with me so soon again?", Thomas asked confused as he stepped into the garden. He had just been informed that he had a guest as soon as he had stepped into his house and he was mildly surprised at the sight of Alessia sitting in a chair in the garden and reading one of the books out of his library.

Placing the book aside, Alessia got to her feet and approached Thomas "I hope you don't mind me staying over for a couple of days." She didn't look at him, anxiously fiddling with her hands behind her back. She had no idea what made her this anxious, but she believed that her fight with Alexander had taken its toll on her.

"Of course I don't mind. Tell me, darlin', what happened?", Thomas asked worriedly and placed a finger under her chin, gently pushing it up so she'd face him.

Her eyes were a little red, so she obviously must've been crying, which concerned Thomas even more "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing," Alessia smiled weakly and turned away, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She stared at the beautiful flowers spread through the entire garden. "Talk to me, sweetheart," she heard Thomas soft voice, but she only shook her head.

"Darlin' I want to help you, so please tell me what's wrong," Thomas tried again. Alessia thought for a moment, before she asked "Why are you so eager to help me?"

"What do you mean?", Thomas asked with a frown, walking around her to look at her.

"We've had a meaningless fling but you're still so caring about me. I mean, I respect your kindness, but it confuses me...", Alessia said, trying to find the right words.

"A meaningless fling?", disbelief swung in his voice and his eyes were a little wider. "Is that what it was to you?"

Alessia jumped, blood rushing into her cheeks. She quickly shook her head and said "Yes. I mean, no! I loved it but, ugh!" She ran a hand through her hair and fell into her chair, burying her face in her hands.

Thomas knelt down before her and gently took her hands in his, pulling them away from her face and gazing into her eyes "Alessia. You've made me feel things I didn't want to in the beginning. But now that I have you so near to me, I've learned to accept those. For me, even though it may seem like such, it wasn't meaningless."

Alessia stared back into his eyes, her brows furrowing slightly. She took a deep breath, before she whispered "I can't do this, Thomas."

"What do you mean?", Thomas immediately shot back, frowning at her. Deep down he felt hurt – he opens his heart just a little and now this.

"You're completely the opposite of me. You fight for everything I stand against. I don't think we could work out," Alessia closed her eyes, feeling tears coming up. She knew it was okay for her to give into what made her happy, but she didn't know if she could give in if it was Thomas that was the one to make her happy.

"But just because you think it wouldn't work out, doesn't mean it wouldn't right away. We can give it a try, give me a chance to prove that we can do this," Thomas said, a slight plea in his voice, "I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy, darlin'. Just give me a chance."

Alessia bit her lip, slowly looking back up at him and hoping his face would make her decision easier. And after some moments it did.

She pulled one of her hands out of his and laid it on his cheek, gently brushing her thumb over his cheekbone. "Okay," she breathed, "I'll give you a chance."

A bright smile began to spread onto Thomas lips "Thank you, love." His smile was lightly contagious, but she fought hard to prevent herself from smiling. Of course, Thomas noticed and let out a laugh at her struggles. In the end, the two of them sat there laughing together.

Thomas got to his feet and held out a hand for Alessia to take. She gladly took his offer, taking his hand and letting him pull her onto her feet. Thomas though seemed to have different plans, as he pulled a little too fast, which resulted in her bumping into his chest. Thomes spun them around a little before he dipped her, as if they were dancing.

Their faces were inches apart and Thomas had a sufficient smirk on his lips. "What a fine lady that has fallen into my arms," he teased, to which she retorted "The only fine lady you'll ever be able to hold. Enjoy the moment, you won't be able to hold her for long anytime soon."

"And what does the fine lady mean by that?", Thomas asked, raising an eyebrow. "The fine lady meant with that, that she has to return to her own estate soon as her daughter is returning from a trip with the family of the fine lady's brother."

"Would the fine lady accept the offer of moving in and taking her daughter with her?", Thomas than asked, which took Alessia aback a little. He was actually offering her to move in with Frances.

"I'm afraid I have to decline this offer, fair man, as I don't see any reason for me to move in with you just yet," Alessia replied. "What a shame. But maybe the fair man shall start giving his lady some reasons as to why she should consider staying here," Thomas said, his voice getting lower with every word until it was barely a whisper.

"By all means, don't let me stop you," Alessia whispered softly, before their lips connected into a passionate kiss.

[ I'm more Alessia - Thomas trash than Alessia - John and thEY HAVE A DAUGHTER i need help :') - Lexi
Ps: I was thinking of writing some specials. Gimme ideas ]