Blow Us All Away

Alessia didn't bother stopping the tears now. She knew it was useless.

Especially when the judge sentenced Reynolds to prison for eighteen years.

But then they were tears of joy.

Alessia sat in the living room, leaning against Thomas. He had his arms wrapped around her waist and rubbed her belly softly, planting soft kisses to the top of her head occasionally.

Alessia was pregnant and the child was due soon. She was nervous. This was her second child. She was worried that she couldn't be a good mother, that she'd disappoint her second child just like she'd disappointed Frances.

This time she would have Thomas to help, but still. She was worried.

"What's bothering you, love?", Thomas softly asked, running a hand through her hair. Alessia sighed and looked down, thinking for a moment, before she said "I'm just worried that I'll disappoint our child, just like I disappointed Frances while raising her."

"You won't, I'm sure of it," Thomas said and kissed her temple, nuzzling his face in her hair.

Alessia smiled softly and replied "You're always so confident." Thomas chuckled, she could feel his chest vibrating against her back, before he said "It's because it's true, darlin'."

She turned her head, facing him with a slightly broader smile now, gazing into his beautiful, dark eyes. Thomas stared back and whispered "I love you, both of you. Well, soon the three of you."

Alessia chuckled. Yeah, soon there'd be three for him to love. Alessia, Frances, and their unborn child. They still hadn't thought of names for their child.

"We still need to think of a name for our child," Alessia said, leaning her head against his shoulder. Thomas hummed, going silent for a moment, before proposing "How about we call our child Alessandra, if it's a girl. Then she'll have part of your name, not your whole name, so there won't be any confusion."

"I'd like that," Alessia smiled and closed her eyes, beginning to imagine what it would be like to hold her second child in her arms. Imagining how Thomas would react on first seeing his child. Hopefully he'll be there.

"As for a bo-" Thomas was interrupted by the front doors slamming open and steps pounding down the hall. "Mom?", a voice yelled. Panic filled it.

With a frown, Alessia got to her feet and stepped into the hallway. She was met by Frances. Tears stood in her eyes and she was panting heavily.

"What's wrong, love?", Alessia asked with a small frown. Frances grabbed her mothers arms and said "Philip is getting into a duel!"

The frown now deepened and Alessia asked "With who?" "George Eacker! The speaker on the fourth of July just last week! He's going to kill Pip, ma...", Frances fell into her mothers arms, sobs shaking her.

Alessia held Frances close for a moment, before she whispered "Go to Thomas. I'll take care of this."

"But mom, you can't...", Frances trailed off and looked down at Alessia stomach. It would be too dangerous for the child and for Alessia if something were to happen during or before the duel.

"I can and I will. Go to your father. I won't let my nephew be as reckless as his father," Alessia said and pressed a kiss to her daughters forehead, before making her way towards the door.

"Weehawken," Frances called softly after her mother, watching her disappear through the door, before she headed into the living room to her father.

Alessia got into the carriage that stood ready, waiting for anyone of the Jefferson household, and told the man where she was headed. He nodded and off went the carriage.

Alessia was nervous. Hopefully she would be able to stop her nephew from getting himself killed. Hopefully.

As soon as the river was in sight, Alessia kept watch, hoping to find Philip before he'd cross the river to the dueling place.

And there he was, talking with his friend, Richard, as they were getting ready to get into the boat.

Quickly Alessia banged her fist against the wall of the carriage, which stopped seconds later. She opened the door and practically jumped out, rushing over to Philip and his friend.

"Philip!", she called, grabbing their attention. Philip frowned at his aunt, while Richard smiled and called "Hi Mrs Jefferson. How's Frances?"

Alessia sighed. Of course Richard would try to dodge the subject before she even could've had the change to address it. Especially since she knew that he had a thing for her daughter.

"Philip. Don't do this," Alessia said and in return, Philips eyes widened and he groaned "I told her not to snitch."

"Don't you start like that, young man. Frances did the right thing. Eacker is going to kill you," Alessia said and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"He won't. He'll fire in the air, just like me, and everything will be fine," Philip said and Alessia laughed bitterly "Philip I never realized how ignorant you were until now. Eacker is on Burr's side. Eacker hates us Hamiltons. He'll take the opportunity to kill you."

"Well why do you bother? You aren't a Hamilton," Philip said and looked down. Alessias eyes widened and she quietly asked "What did you just say?"

"You heard me. You're on the side of the enemy, you don't belong to my family," Philip said and in return, Alessia laughed "Is your father still bitter about the wedding and how I told him what I thought about all the shit he's done? Are you really letting his opinions influence you?"

"Just let me do this. It's my decision. And you're not my mother," Philip shot back.

"How will I tell Frances of your death then?", Alessia asked, silence falling over them.

Philip stared at Alessia for a while, before he turned around and said confidently "I won't die, all of you should stop worrying for once. At least my father has some confidence in me."

Alessia watched Philip as he motioned Richard to come to the boat with him. As Philip set foot into the boat, Alessia loudly said "And that is exactly what worries me."

Philip froze for a moment, before shaking his head and sitting down in the boat. They began to row across the Hudson.

"Stay alive...for Frances," Alessia whispered and turned away with a sigh.

She sat down on a nearby bench and began to wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

And then a shot rang through the air, sending a shiver down her spine.